Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

noncompete even when I only trained for 4 days?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blackmong

Arresto Menor

Hi, I am a fresh graduate.

I was in a company a couple months back, I signed a trainee contract, NDA, non-compete and non-circumvent.
After four days of training, me and my employer decided to part ways as it is a mismatch and we had a bad start regarding my employment.

Now, I totally understand and agree with the non-disclosure and non-circumvent. I have no plans of actually going against my signature regarding this cases. However for the non-compete I have some things that I do not understand.

I know that non-compete is prohibiting someone to apply or work for a company the same nature as them. The company was a "KPO" (as they say it) and I was just a trainee for only a matter of four days.
I am still looking for a job but then I found myself going into BPO companies (now, I don't know if this is the same nature as them or it has the same work) but for a specific job title and description.

I have never acknowledged them as a previous employer bc it was repeatedly said and reiterated that I was just a trainee and never was I an employee.

My question is, if ever I got into one of the companies (that might be the same nature as theirs, that I am not sure), am I violating the non-compete that I signed earlier??

-----
It kept on bugging me so I had to actually ask someone but I don't personally know anyone who is familiar with these kinds of things. Thank you.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

what type of work were you supposed to do in that company?

does the new company have the same exact service or product also?

http://www.councilviews.com

blackmong

Arresto Menor

actually I don't even know what work will I be doing after I trained, they said I might be on research or as a VA (virtual assistant) but all of that doesn't have any assurance. So I really have no idea.

basically they are a consulting company.

The work that I am applying for now is as a content writer, on a BPO company.

I was just worried because I can see the word 'consulting' in these companies that I am applying for now. (just to clarify, I am applying now as a WRITER and not as a VA of some sort)

Don't I have any leverage? Thinking that I've only been in their company for 4 days and only as a trainee? I was never a regular or probee employee anyways and simply, if they are worried that I might be in a competition company, what can I say about their company that might affect them when basically I know nothing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum