Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question on Hospital Billing

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question on Hospital Billing Empty Question on Hospital Billing Sat May 14, 2016 10:24 am

igopkram

Arresto Menor

Question po. May sanggol na naconfine sa hospital noong April 5 ng taong kasalukuyan, possible ba kaagad na malaman kung kelan madidischarge ang sanggol (ex. April 15) pati kung magkano lahat-lahat ang gagastusin dito (say 50k).

Natanong ko po kasi ito kasi yung tiyahin ng sanggol ay nanghihingi ng ganoong halaga (noong April 5 ng taong kasalukuyan) sa pinaghihinalaang ama nito.

Salamat po sa mga makakapagbigay ng linaw para dito.

2Question on Hospital Billing Empty Re: Question on Hospital Billing Wed May 18, 2016 6:26 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

As someone who was able to work in the hospital setting during my student nurse days, you may be able to get a rough estimate as to how long the baby is to be confined from the attending physician and how much will the costs be for such. Try to seek the estimate of the hospital's finance department as to how much is the current bill and try to ask for an estimate as well depending on the physician's estimate as to how long the baby still needs to be confined in the hospital premises.

Take note that such figures that you may be able to acquire from both the physician and the hospital administrators are rough estimates only and are subject to change, depending on factors that are yet unforeseen.

3Question on Hospital Billing Empty Re: Question on Hospital Billing Thu May 19, 2016 11:57 am

igopkram

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge wrote:As someone who was able to work in the hospital setting during my student nurse days, you may be able to get a rough estimate as to how long the baby is to be confined from the attending physician and how much will the costs be for such. Try to seek the estimate of the hospital's finance department as to how much is the current bill and try to ask for an estimate as well depending on the physician's estimate as to how long the baby still needs to be confined in the hospital premises.

Take note that such figures that you may be able to acquire from both the physician and the hospital administrators are rough estimates only and are subject to change, depending on factors that are yet unforeseen.
Salamat po sa pagsagot.

Naisugod saw po kasi yung bata (less than 1 y/o) sa hospital dahil sa pagsusuka ng dugo at sinabihan sila na iuundergo ito sa observation (Still looking for answers on how and why this happens).

Isa pa pong tanong, makakahingi po ba ng billing statement ang pinaghihinalaang ama ng bata sa hospital kung ang gamit na last name nung bata ay yung sa legal na ama nito?

BTW, PM sent din po sa inyo.

4Question on Hospital Billing Empty Re: Question on Hospital Billing Thu May 19, 2016 12:20 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

The hospital may ask for evidence that the one asking for the billing statement is indeed the father of the baby. A letter of authorization executed by the mother or the testimony of the mother herself should be sufficient evidence for such.

Good luck with the situation on hand, and may there be justifiable results towards all parties involved.

5Question on Hospital Billing Empty Re: Question on Hospital Billing Thu May 19, 2016 11:29 pm

igopkram

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge wrote:The hospital may ask for evidence that the one asking for the billing statement is indeed the father of the baby. A letter of authorization executed by the mother or the testimony of the mother herself should be sufficient evidence for such.

Good luck with the situation on hand, and may there be justifiable results towards all parties involved.
I see, anyway. Thanks for answering my query.

My only question was is it possible for the total bill to be determined right away once a patient has been admitted to the hospital and also the date of discharge when the patient has just been admitted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum