Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Decrease

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary Decrease Empty Salary Decrease Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:18 pm

arraarielle

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I am currently employed in an educational foundation of a training and consultancy firm. From hereon, I will refer to this as Company A.

However, the real work I am doing is for a professional association (Company B). I serve as the Executive Assistant of the President of Company B.

The owner of Company A, the husband of the President of Company B, hired me. And from the start he did tell me that my work will be for his wife. I did tell him that I have no prior experiences as an EA, but that I am willing to learn. Despite my warning, we had a conference call with his wife the following day, and we have all agreed on my salary.

I have been in Company A since 01 Feb 2016 (less than 2 months to date). A few days ago my boss (President of Company B) sent me an email saying that I am not performing up to her standards, that I have committed so many mistakes and that she's offering to train me. However, while in training, she will decrease my salary by almost 40%. She also pointed out that other officials and employees of Company B are receiving less than what I am receiving.

I replied to her email, respectfully declined her offer and explained that anyone new in an organization would need time to learn (Hence, the probationary period).

She replied mentioning the mistakes I committed and offering the same arrangement as in her previous email. Ending her email with this, "Again, I have no intention of asking you to go, although I hope you can also understand why I cannot keep you on the current terms."

Please note that although we weren't able to sign my employee contract, the draft was sent to me by the owner of Company A via email and that I have a COE signed by the owner of Company A.

We also do not have payslips, we're only given printed copies of computation for our salary. And the salary is given in cash, under Company A. I also have emails to prove that I represent Company B in doing business with other organizations, here and abroad.

The owner of Company A apologized to me for what happened, this was after he read the email sent to me by his wife. However, his advice to me was to reply to the email, admit all my mistakes and make a counter-offer to the salary decrease.

Is it legal for either of them to decrease my salary?

I'm afraid I will be fired if I decline the offer once more. If this happens and the President of Company B fires me, what legal actions can I take?

Is there anything I can do now, even before I decline the offer?

Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum