Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rules on Security Deposit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rules on Security Deposit Empty Rules on Security Deposit Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:36 pm

dlegendkiller

Arresto Menor

Hello everyone.

I have a 6 months rent contract in a condo here in Mandaluyong which will end after February of 2016.
I paid 1 month advance and 1 month deposit.

The landlord sent a notice that I should look for another condo since they will sell the unit.

I have found one this week and I plan to move out after January.

I told the landlord that the advance will be used this January. He agreed.
The security deposit however can't be refunded since that will now act as an advance payment for February.

When I looked at the contract, I didn't see any part of it that mentions that rule.
So I argued and told him that security deposit isn't treated as advancRules on Security Deposit I1CFne as the contract suggests.

Here's the statement on the contract about the security deposit.

"6. Security Deposit: Upon the execution of this Agreement, TENANT shall deposit with LANDLORD the sum of 7500. Receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by the LANDLORD, as security for any damage caused to the Property. The LANDLORD may charge a higher amount to the TENANT depending on the damage cause to the Property."

Rules on Security Deposit 25fuddd

Is there any chance that I can get the deposit back?

Thank you.

PS
Here's our text convo
Rules on Security Deposit 2yyxxfl
Rules on Security Deposit 20sh9iv

Last edited by dlegendkiller on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added image)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum