Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

security deposit reimbursement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1security deposit reimbursement Empty security deposit reimbursement Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:44 am

aubrey08

aubrey08
Arresto Menor

Good day po my sister rented a condominium unit in makati she stayed there for more than a year with her husband and child.im not really sure...pero they moved out of that condo unit for more than a year now.when theyve moved out the rentor didnt gave any letter or notice of what are the deductables from their deposit.all my sister know is she left her last months electricity bill and she was ok if the rentor took it off from her deposit.then when we came to get the deposit back after a few days theyve moved out ...all they told us that the deposit was not gonna be full coz they have to take out the last months elecricity bill,and that its gonna take a little while before we get the cheque.we called..we waited....and all they say is that the cheque isnt ready yet.now more than a year have passed and we personally went to their office.now they tell us that theres no deposit to give back coz they had to deduct the broken bathroom,and a wall and i think theyve mentioned every part of the condo unit.
There was no documentation of those broken stuff they said nor pictures.my guess is i should go to our brgy for assitance..right?but since u guys are the expert...i trust u can help me best.thank u

2security deposit reimbursement Empty Re: security deposit reimbursement Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:11 am

aubrey08

aubrey08
Arresto Menor

I would truly appreciate if someone can give me advice on this matter.the deposit is 24000 only...not really much to make a big fuss about...but making you wait for a lng time then giving false hope is unacceptable.any advice about this?😊

3security deposit reimbursement Empty Re: security deposit reimbursement Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:12 pm

attyLLL

the legal remedy would be to send a demand letter and then file a complaint in small claims court. the lessor would have to prove his claim of damaged bathroom.

if they both live in makati then it would be necessary to go to the bgy first after the sending of the demand letter

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4security deposit reimbursement Empty Re: security deposit reimbursement Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:34 am

aubrey08

aubrey08
Arresto Menor

Thank u for taking time to look into my problem.we already sent them a demand letter.and they told us that the cheque was not ready yet. Then they informed us that it wouldnt be 24000 anymore for the electricity bill,and that we know, that cost around 4000 only.when we were moving out they had their super to check the unit..and nothing was said about broken anything.even everytime we go to their office to follow up our reimbursement.they had us wait for more than a year then now theyre telling us that there wouldnt be any left because of those "broken" stuff.
So i guess our next step is the barangay.thank u again,i truly appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum