Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please Help !! The owner wants more security deposit

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cenktekin

Arresto Menor

Hello all,

I am a foreigner living in Manila for more than a year. I rented a house in a condo in Ermita, and agreed to pay 13,500 Pesos every month and also I payed 2 months of security deposit. The contract was valid between 21 July 2010 and 21 July 2011. Now the land owner is asking me to sign another lease contract. And according to the new contract, he is asking me to raise the rent to 14,850 Pesos per month, and he is also asking me to pay 3 months of deposit, but I already payed for 2 months of security deposit last year. So my question is:

1. Is that legal to ask for more security deposit every time they renew the lease contract?

2. If it is not legal, what can I do?

Please help, because I don't know what to do.

Sincerely,

Rex Cenk Tekin

attyLLL

if he still has your old deposit, then you should only have to add to make it up to 3 mos.

on the other hand, it is not illegal to ask for additional deposit and if you don't want to add, you can renegotiate or leave.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum