Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leave Without Pay / Overtime Offset

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leave Without Pay / Overtime Offset Empty Leave Without Pay / Overtime Offset Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:04 am

rpcamille

Arresto Menor

Hi guys!

I need your help.

I'm currently a probationary employee. Hence, I still don't have leave credits. However, I need to take a week off work since I'm going out of the country. (tickets were booked way back) I sent our HR and General Manager a letter seeking approval for Leave Without Pay for 8 days. Actually, the dates will include my 2 days off plus another 2 days from overtime offset since our overtime hours don't get paid. Basically, 4 days of absence.

Even before I was hired, I already told the General Manager that I might be going out of the country and I asked it it's okay even if I don't have leave credits yet. He said it's fine as long as I tell them ahead of time, which I did.

Last year, I also had a trip for 4 days that I had to cancel because my manager didn't allow me to go since it was "peak month" and told me to just do it by January, which is now. That trip was just within the country and I got the tickets during seat sale so it wasn't too much of a damage in my pocket, but this one is different and I refuse to cancel it (no refund)

Just in case they don't approve my LWOP request, can they fire me because of the 4 days absence that I will incur?

Also, I heard from one of the employees that they do not allow overtime offset to be used consecutively followed by rest days. Do they have a right to disapprove overtime offset? I just feel it's a little too much because not only do we not get overtime pay but we can't choose when to use our offset benefit if that's the case.

I'm sorry, I'm really clueless with how it goes since my previous job lets us earn leave credits monthly and we can use them anytime.

Hoping for your insight.

Thanks and regards!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum