Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Raspa causing pelvic hematoma causing the patient to be in the hospital since November 05, 2015 upto this present time

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ill-lawterate

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to seek for your most generous assistance for my mother's case. My mother is 62 yrs. old and back in October 2015 she was diagnosed having Endometriosis from a hospital in Cavite. She had a second opinion from a different doctor until she was advised to undergo "raspa" or also known as dilation and curettage (D&C). She was told by the doctor that there was no need of removing her "matres" or cervix etc. She followed what that OB said but few days after the procedure she got so ill, having difficulties in sleeping and worse is that she was not able to eat enough. She grew so weak so then she asked my father to take her to the hospital. This second hospital is also in Cavite. The doctors said they found something wrong based on the ultra sound result so they would need to perform exploratory laparoscopy also in order to just remove her "matres" etc. and at the same time to further investigate about her condition. During the operation they found out that she had bleeding inside as they call it "pelvic hematoma" and unfortunately they were not able to remove the "matres" etc as they found out that my mother has miliary tubeculosis as they can't proceed to remove the "matres" etc as it was life threatening if they continue.
The doctors stitched the open cut and they manually presses in the closed wound as they claimed it was necessary in order to let the "nana" to come out. Few days after, the operated cut already opened because those doctors were pressing the wound so hard but when I asked them the only thing they would say was the cut opened because my mother's body expanded (manas).
Days passed by and we were really not seeing any progress with my mother's condition. So then I started to confront the doctors, one even admitted over the phone (I know this will have no bearing since this was verbal) that the cause of the hematoma was due to the dilation and curettage (D&C).
I went to PAO and sought help. They advised to take my mother to another hospital to get a second opinion then we can continue to get Medico Legal and if proven there were malpractice or not.
We moved her to National Kidney and there they confirmed that my mother has high infection rate.
We moved her again to another government hospital because we no longer have any means to pay for medicines and other medical needs of my mother.
In this hospital now, I asked for guidance how we can get Medico Legal but the doctor said they only provide that if it was for traumatic cases, since ours was for civil case then she said to get a lawyer instead so this lawyer will be the one to summon all the doctors involved.
Can you help me where do I start?
Thanks in advance.

2Raspa causing pelvic hematoma causing the patient to be in the hospital since November 05, 2015 upto this present time Empty My mom already passed away Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:42 pm

ill-lawterate

Arresto Menor

ill-lawterate wrote:Hi,

I would like to seek for your most generous assistance for my mother's case. My mother is 62 yrs. old and back in October 2015 she was diagnosed having Endometriosis from a hospital in Cavite. She had a second opinion from a different doctor until she was advised to undergo "raspa" or also known as dilation and curettage (D&C). She was told by the doctor that there was no need of removing her "matres" or cervix etc. She followed what that OB said but few days after the procedure she got so ill, having difficulties in sleeping and worse is that she was not able to eat enough. She grew so weak so then she asked my father to take her to the hospital. This second hospital is also in Cavite. The doctors said they found something wrong based on the ultra sound result so they would need to perform exploratory laparoscopy also in order to just remove her "matres" etc. and at the same time to further investigate about her condition. During the operation they found out that she had bleeding inside as they call it "pelvic hematoma" and unfortunately they were not able to remove the "matres" etc as they found out that my mother has miliary tubeculosis as they can't proceed to remove the "matres" etc as it was life threatening if they continue.
The doctors stitched the open cut and they manually presses in the closed wound as they claimed it was necessary in order to let the "nana" to come out. Few days after, the operated cut already opened because those doctors were pressing the wound so hard but when I asked them the only thing they would say was the cut opened because my mother's body expanded (manas).
Days passed by and we were really not seeing any progress with my mother's condition. So then I started to confront the doctors, one even admitted over the phone (I know this will have no bearing since this was verbal) that the cause of the hematoma was due to the dilation and curettage (D&C).
I went to PAO and sought help. They advised to take my mother to another hospital to get a second opinion then we can continue to get Medico Legal and if proven there were malpractice or not.
We moved her to National Kidney and there they confirmed that my mother has high infection rate.
We moved her again to another government hospital because we no longer have any means to pay for medicines and other medical needs of my mother.
In this hospital now, I asked for guidance how we can get Medico Legal but the doctor said they only provide that if it was for traumatic cases, since ours was for civil case then she said to get a lawyer instead so this lawyer will be the one to summon all the doctors involved.
Can you help me where do I start?
Thanks in advance.

My mother already passed away. Her cause of death was due to septic shock. She was cut open by the hospital for them to explore further her situation, but the other doctors when "supposed cleaning", pressed the stiches hard causing that operated cut be open again, several weeks passed and their doctors just covered it with some sort of tube. I know she got exposed to so much bacteria because of that open wound, that even caused her death. Will this hospital now be held liable for it? Is there any legal case?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum