Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Background Checking from present employer

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ronjamialuke13

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone! Happy new year! I am an HR Officer and i just want to make some clarifications about background checking.

I would just like to ask in behalf of a friend. She recently applied sa isang company (Call center) last week. Honestly, almost 2 years siya nag stop sa work. She's good in terms of performance sa trabaho dahil nakasama ko siya. Unfortunately, dun sa resume niya pinalabas niya na still present and working siya sa last employer niya which is almost 2 years ago na siyang wala (May basbas naman galing sa HR nung company na okay lang since good record naman siya at kilala siya.)

The thing is, ang worry niya is sabi daw nung company ichecheck din ung SSS, Pag ibig, Philhealth and BIR niya to check if talagang may work history siya for the past years. She is worried na baka makita ung monthly contributions niya tapos wala mag reflect.

Based from what i know and as said sa SSS website. No one is allowed to access your account and view your contributions + employment history except you. Allowed if meron ka lang kaso at sub poena, or as requested by the SSS President. (I referred to the SSS website + sa batas for SS. Sec 24.)

So the final question is? Allowed nga ba talaga na ma view yang mga yan kasi for me as an HR hindi ppwde i background check yan ng wlang authorization. Academic background at dun sa nilagay mong company lang ang pwde nila ibackground check right?

THANKS SA SASAGOT! Smile

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Pwedeng magtanong ng kahit ano ang company.

Depende na lang sa pagtatanungan nila kung sasagutin o ibibigay ang hinihinging impormasyon.

At any rate, the bottom line for the applicant is to be honest with the information being provided.

Kasi kahit isang mali lang sa detalye ay pwedeng ma-terminate sya for falsification of documents.

http://www.councilviews.com

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"The thing is, ang worry niya is sabi daw nung company ichecheck din ung SSS, Pag ibig, Philhealth and BIR niya to check if talagang may work history siya for the past years. "
(My Tagalog is bad.) I don't understand why you find that being a problem. Rather many companies don't follow the law so they don't pay SSS and such as the law say.

If I would decide who to employ and find something not suiting with what the applicant say, I would ask the applicant how come. Then my decision depend of what I believe.

DON'T lie.

Back when I had a distribution business I employed a young "bum" with a terrible background, because I believed he have good potential. He started behaving good and worked good for me. After he quit working for me he went to university and studied law. Now UN (=United Nations) have given him assignments !!! to try to make solitions concerning human right problems in some problematic countries e g after civil wars have ended there.

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Nowadays employers check social media (Facebook/Twitter/Google etc) as well as part of its background check. Your friend has to come clean prior to employment.

ronjamialuke13

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:"The thing is, ang worry niya is sabi daw nung company ichecheck din ung SSS, Pag ibig, Philhealth and BIR niya to check if talagang may work history siya for the past years. "
(My Tagalog is bad.)  I don't understand why you find that being a problem.   Rather many companies don't follow the law so they don't pay SSS and such as the law say.  

If I would decide who to employ and find something not suiting with what the applicant say, I would ask the applicant how come. Then my decision depend of what I believe.  

DON'T lie.

Back when I had a distribution business I employed a young "bum" with a terrible background, because I believed he have good potential. He started behaving good and worked good for me. After he quit working for me he went to university and studied law. Now UN (=United Nations) have given him assignments !!!  to try to make solitions concerning human right problems in some problematic countries e g after civil wars have ended there.

Oh it is because she is scared that her present employer will find out that she is not working for the past 2 years. Contrary to the details in her resume that she is still connected.

Anyway I told her to explain it na lang. Pero as for me hindi naman na siguro ichecheck just don't give the employer the reason to do it. Kasi honestly alam ko parang hindi talaga pwede at confidential kasi yun not unless authorized mo.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

ronjamialuke13 wrote:Oh it is because she is scared that her present employer will find out that she is not working for the past 2 years. Contrary to the details in her resume that she is still connected.

Anyway I told her to explain it na lang. Pero as for me hindi naman na siguro ichecheck just don't give the employer the reason to do it. Kasi honestly alam ko parang hindi talaga pwede at confidential kasi yun not unless authorized mo.
Oh she has lied allready. Why??
It's common women don't work in periods (for instance give birth.)

ronjamialuke13

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:
ronjamialuke13 wrote:Oh it is because she is scared that her present employer will find out that she is not working for the past 2 years. Contrary to the details in her resume that she is still connected.

Oh she has lied allready. Why??
It's common women don't work in periods (for instance give birth.)

Yeah. I assume you are not here in PH right? if not, it's very difficult to land a job here especially if you don't have an experience. That being said, being at rest for almost 2 years, and then she is applying for a mid-senior level position, she decided to make "white" lies in her resume and included that she is still present with the company. Her previous boss knows that and agreed that she will receive a good feedback. The only thing she worries is that her present employer might do b.check via SSS. I consulted to some co-HR especially the ones in recruitment and compenben, it's a very rare thing for companies to do checks via the mandated benefits. Cause according to them they don't have the right and it's prohibited + as long as the person concerned is competent and efficient, that won't matter.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Is your friend "close" to the former company's HR team?

The future/new company will contact the previous boss, who will tell a white lie for your friend.

But the new company will also contact the company HR - and usually call them up first - and they will most likely tell the truth. Then that's where the problem starts.

http://www.councilviews.com

ronjamialuke13

Arresto Menor

council wrote:Is your friend "close" to the former company's HR team?

The future/new company will contact the previous boss, who will tell a white lie for your friend.

But the new company will also contact the company HR - and usually call them up first - and they will most likely tell the truth. Then that's where the problem starts.

Actually yes sir. It's all set. Like I said she is quite an exceptional employee. She's off the chart with regards to work output. We are in good terms with our HR especially her and she really asked for help. Our previous HR Manager said "okay lang, i will help you" but as she mentioned, her worry is not for her new employer to call our previous, its with her records. She's worried that her new employer will look at her SSS, Pag ibig, Philhealth and BIR for some employment history. As what i've said to her it's not common naman so sabe ko relax lang. I hope malagpasan niya sabe ko last lie na please lang hehe.

10Background Checking from present employer Empty They can verify it Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Blacknight02

Arresto Menor

ronjamialuke13 wrote:
council wrote:Is your friend "close" to the former company's HR team?

Actually yes sir. It's all set. Like I said she is quite an exceptional employee. She's off the chart with regards to work output. We are in good terms with our HR especially her and she really asked for help. Our previous HR Manager said "okay lang, i will help you" but as she mentioned, her worry is not for her new employer to call our previous, its with her records. She's worried that her new employer will look at her SSS, Pag ibig, Philhealth and BIR for some employment history. As what i've said to her it's not common naman so sabe ko relax lang. I hope malagpasan niya sabe ko last lie na please lang hehe.

Hi. I;m sure its too late alkready but just want to say something about it. For me, as a practicing HR, yes the HR can verify the SSS, Philheallth and PagIBIG contributions of the upcoming employee. the thing is, if she said that the company is not doing their contributions that's why it is left blank for 2 years but the truth the company is paying the contribution, they will see it. How?
1. They can ask the consent of the employee.
2. Ask the employee to print it.
3. During employment, HR can already view the file of the employee since he / she is already an employee of the company therefore they can request for SOA (Especially for SSS).
Although it is not being practice widely, it is being done by few companies to see more of the background of the employee since some tend to lie (just like your friend).
I repeat, the thing is, they can always ask the employee to provide them SOA / request it to the govt agency after the employee has been an employee.

I can say your friend is lucky if the company did not do the backcheck in reality and just a threat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum