Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

termination

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1termination Empty termination Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:49 am

anafe5768

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon.

i am seeking for a free legal advise on this matter.

i am considered a self-employed caregiver who had been working for almost three years and a regular full time live-in 5 days a week work.

just recently i told my "employer" that he is NOT giving me the minumum wage of $9.00 an hour as per California labor law, instead he was only giving me $6.75. And now he TERMINATED me/my services without any VALID CAUSE/REASON.

Can i have a case against him?
Thank you for your UTMOST reply.

2termination Empty Re: termination Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:38 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

No idea.
This website talk about Philippine laws, Your case is in USA.
Do you have a contract?

3termination Empty Re: termination Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:07 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

anafe5768 wrote:Good afternoon.

i am seeking for a free legal advise on this matter.

i am considered a self-employed caregiver who had been working for almost three years and a regular full time live-in 5 days a week work.

just recently i told my "employer" that he is NOT giving me the minumum wage of $9.00 an hour as per California labor law, instead he was only giving me $6.75. And now he TERMINATED me/my services without any VALID CAUSE/REASON.

Can i have a case against him?
Thank you for your UTMOST reply.

If you are classified as "self-employed" then in theory you cannot claim to have an employer.

Do you have documentation, payslip or proof that you are working for this "employer?"

Perhaps you should consult with the CA Dept of Industrial Relations.

California’s Labor Code specifies that an employment relationship with no specified duration is presumed to be employment “at-will.” This means, at least in theory, that the employer or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause. There are exceptions to the at-will rule created by statute, the courts or public policy.

Statutory exceptions include terminating an employee for reasons based on the discrimination laws discussed above; for participating in union activity; for refusing to carry out an activity that violates the law.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum