Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

termination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1termination Empty termination Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:21 am

zack

Arresto Menor

Please, I need some advice about my termination... I am still a probationary employee working in a certain company... I was absent for 4 days (but I called in everyday) because I went to Manila for an important family matter. When I came back to work, I was told that we will have an admin hearing on June 7. So I went to the hearing, after the hearing they just told me that I may go now without telling me that I will be suspended or not... They only told me that the result will not be given on that day... So, in the evening (since my schedule is a night shift) I went to work only to find out that I am already suspended.. They did not tell me anything about suspension so I thought that I can still report to work.. After knowing that I am suspended. I decided to submit a resignation letter the next day... It is stated in our training contract that we cannot resign within the 2 months training or 4 months minimum stay in the company... I'm already staying in the company for 4 months... But they did not accept my resignation because they said that it is informal to submit a resignation letter in the middle of an admin hearing... They let me sign a termination paper yesterday (June 10) the hearing was last June 7 and the termination is effective right away yesterday but I did not sign it yet because I want to ask advice first. Please tell me what to do about my problem.. Do I just sign the termination paper? Or is there a way that my resignation letter will be accepted by the company?

2termination Empty Re: termination Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:08 pm

lawddesign

lawyer

If you resign, you might be liable for breach of contract. Unless, you still want to stay in the company, you can sign the termination letter.

3termination Empty Re: termination Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:37 pm

zack

Arresto Menor

But it is still a training contract for 2 months and it is stated in the contract that "the COMPANY may terminate the TRAINEE following the "2-notice rule" and the company will be released from all obligations to the TRAINEE" but I only received the first notice before they decided to terminate me. It is also stated "If you terminate your employment with the Company or are dismissed for cause during the training period (2months) and/or within four (4) months after the start of the training (the Minimum Stay Period), you agree to reimburse the Company...". Is it still considered as breach of contract? I'm already staying for 4 months in the company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum