Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

refusing to sign birth certificate but willing to give child support

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

annebb

Arresto Menor

My boyfriend is indoubt na sakanya nga talga ang pinagbubutis ng katrabaho nya,inspite of this they made an a arrangement na  kahit hindi sure ng lalake na kanya ang bata magbibigay sya ng support half half sila provided ng mga reciept, but he doesn't want sign anything including the birth certificate, this was the set up before. ngayon po, nag bago na isip nung babae, now she's determined to have him sign the birth certificate, she using the child as leverage to get what she wants.

my question is, is he obligated to sign sa birth certificate kahit na magbibigay naman sya ng sustento sa bata? he doesn't want to acknowledge the child because merong ibang intention yung babae and he doesn't want his name to be used as a trophy.

I hope you can help me...
thank you!!

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

If he doesnt want to akcnowledge the child, then no one can force him to do so. If he doesnt sign, then it means he doesnt want to acknowledge the child as his own, so why bother send financial support?

Once he signs, he is legally obliged to provide financial support to the child and ofc acknowledges that he is the father of the child. Ang alam ko, hinahanap ang MC ng magasawa bago pumirma ang magulang sa BC ng bata unless it is not being practiced by the hospital or so anymore.

However if he doesnt sign the BC, the issue is when the mother files a complain in court, she might get a chance to request the court for father-child DNA tests, where the father and son must comply afaik.

Acknowledging the child has nothing to do with the mother's intention imho.

Kung handa kayo sa katotohanan, at para makasiguro kayo ng bf mo, bakit hindi nyo subukan ang DNA tests bago pa man mag complain ang babae? The test would give you some kind of peace of mind at a cost of 20K more or less.

Kaya lang, discretion is a must upon doing it at maaring hindi pumayag ang nanay ng bata. Catch 22.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum