Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Empty PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:42 pm

taznstripes

Arresto Menor

We got married over the internet. Me and my husband were together that time while the pastor who did the confirmation was in the Philippines. It happened in Feb 14, 2008. But our marriage license was registered earlier than that, we had it filed as late registration... and the day of the marriage was set to March 30, 2007. Legally speaking, our license was registered and filed in the Statistics office. The problem now is we got separated, and now probably seeking for annulment.. is the process going to be as difficult as the normal annulment or we can just contest the technicality of the documents so that the process would be easy..?

2PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Empty Re: PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:29 pm

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

imho marriage is valid unless stated so.

you may need a valid ground for marriage annulment. kakailanganin mo ang abogado. one of you can file the case.

3PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Empty Re: PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:10 pm

taznstripes

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response. If that is the case, pwede po bang gawing grounds for annulment yung fact na wla namang kasalang nangyari on the day stated in the Marriage Certificate? will that makes our marriage null and void?

4PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Empty Re: PLEASE HELP: is the marriage valid? Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:03 pm

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

Late registration does not nullify the marriage.

Inexistent marriage cert from NSO does not nullity marriage either.

Grounds for annullment :

Lack of parental consent
Insanity
Fraud
Force, intimidation or undue influence
Impotency
STDs

In case you want to know, infidelity too is not a valid ground for annullment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum