Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valid or not about marriage

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Valid or not about marriage Empty Valid or not about marriage Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:43 am

SkyEMc

Arresto Menor

Question:
1. Valid po ba ang kasal pag hindi to registrado sa NSO?
2. Anu po ang status ko pag nakalagay sa cenomar ko na wala akong record na kasal ako according from cenomar certificate from NSO? pero my copya ako ng marriage certificate.. from our local resident
3. Kakarating lang ng marriage of certificate namin last week at kumuha ako ng copya ng aming cenomar just to double check pero hindi parin nakalagay sa certificate.. its been 6months now since our marriage.. and how is it possible we get a certificate of marriage but not registered on NSO? again is our marriage valid or not? and is my status single or married?..

can you give advise what to do since my partner is on abroad and we both agree that we got married for a wrong reason and what to move on in our lives..

2Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 pm

SkyEMc

Arresto Menor

Please can i get some reply?.. TY

3Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:45 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Read your PM!

4Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:36 am

attyLLL

failure to register a marriage does not invalidate a marriage. but if no certificate is registered then there is no presumption that the marriage is valid.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm

SkyEMc

Arresto Menor

AttyLLL so if ever it didnt reach the NSO and our Cenomar didnt change at all that means even if we are married that would mean that its not valid?.. is that right?

6Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Drummer Boy

Arresto Menor

As i understood it:

1. There was a marriage ceremony that took place.
2. There is also a marriage certificate, a copy of which you obtained from your Local Civil Registrar.
3. There is no record as of yet in the NSO of your marriage.

My conclusion:

The marriage is VALID.

It is inevitable that sometimes registration of marriage in the NSO is delayed. This is due to the delay in the forwarding of the records by LCR to NSO.

Double check in your LCR if there is really marriage certificate filed in your name and that of your partner.

7Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:40 pm

SkyEMc

Arresto Menor

@drummer boy you have the understanding right..

I assume that it was delay in sometime but how long does it take for it to be registered? normally and longest wait time?

Also if ever the LCR did not fill it and we never double check it or assumed they did, and in couple months more or maybe a year. What would happened then? if ever the marriage was not registered?

last question. will i get a copy of marriage certificate if it was not registered in nso the one that they will send?.. or can i get a copy by myself if it was not registered?

8Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 am

attyLLL

ah wait, so 'local resident' is local civil registrar? then the marriage is valid. all that is needed is for the LCR to forward the copy to nso.

9Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:18 am

SkyEMc

Arresto Menor

so if the LCR didnt forward it what would happen then?.. worst case scenario NSO never got them.. and how long does it take?.. Ty and that would be it

10Valid or not about marriage Empty Re: Valid or not about marriage Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 pm

attyLLL

you should inquir.e or notify the LCR that the NSO has no copy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum