Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Telephone Network Asks Client to Pay Un-used Service

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

med student

Arresto Menor

Hi, I would just like to ask if I have a legal claim or what is my standing in this case.

I recently availed a telephone network's service which is for a broadband.

I got a Plan 350. After a month, I asked to be shifted to the Plan 799 (which is way more practical since it's unlimited service). I made it clear to the agent that I want to cancel my 350 and instead change it to Plan 799.

I was surprised the next month to receive 2 bills. One for my Plan 799 and another for my Plan 350.

So I called their hotline and asked why am I being billed for the 350 knowing I already canceled it and had it shifted to 799.

The customer rep told me that it was just like that and that I should disregard my Plan 350 bill.

Another 3 months past. I got a call from them asking me to pay for my P1400 unsettled bill. I was shocked knowing that I never miss to pay my Plan 799 every month. The rep said that it was the Plan 350 having the unsettled bill for 4 months running.

I went straight to their Customer Service Center and asked about my situation.

Turns out that the agent who handled my transaction wasn't able to issue a disconnection form (for my Plan 350) and have it signed by me.

MY POINT: As a client I am not aware of this policy that they have. Its their responsibility to know the step by step process of each transaction the client is availing.

After explaining to the branch manager, she advised me with 2 options only. One is that I pay the bill in full or another, is that I pay it in staggard.

MY POINT: Either way, I'm still paying for a service I didnt even use and was their own fault in the first place.

Their reason is that no disconnection form was issued so in order to stop the bills coming, I have to settle the balance.

I never imagined their policy to be very biased.

----

I was thinking of going to their main branch to have this settled but I though to seek legal advise first so I would know how to deal with this.

Thanks and more power.

attyLLL

my recommendation to you is to put all your communication in writing. start with a letter summarizing all the events and your position on the matter.

if it comes to a point that you will have to defend yourself against a claim, i believe the facts are on your side. you got a new plan, and there was no usage on the old one showing a clear intent and understanding that the old one was supposed to be terminated.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

med student

Arresto Menor

Thanks and I deeply appreciate your prompt reply. Yes, I have definitely composed a letter demonstrating my situation. However, I dont know how will I end this conflict by not paying the bill Sad

Should I go to the main office and explain?

Another thing is that, the manager of the branch where I got my plan said that even if I didn't made use of my Plan 350, it would still count as a usage since it wasn't terminated and that since its in a form of a monthly internet credit that is logged into my 350 account, it automatically puts me in the position that I have used it regardless if I really did or not.

The worst part is that until now, I am still receiving the Plan 350 bills. It will never stop unless I pay. And it will just pile up Sad

I really want this to end asap. Again your reply would be greatly appreciated and valued. Thanks.

attyLLL

the solution is still the same, to put your position in writing, then brace yourself for the collection agencies. unfortunately, you may also experience being blacklisted by having bad credit rating. else, pay.

med student

Arresto Menor

Can't I just do a dispute or appeal? (if that's what you call it)

I would just want a claim na I want the plan terminated without paying.

attyLLL

that would be the purpose of your letter, but this will not stop the phone company from trying to collect from you either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum