Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it possible to prove that a first marriage is fraud?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Space Reverie

Arresto Menor

Is it possible to prove that a first marriage is fraud if the victim's signature is fake? My friend was shock to find out that there was a marriage contract stating that she was already married before her real husband. She doesn't even know the person she was married to, the place where they were married, and the people who stood as witnesses. We believe that it was a made-up document to destroy my friend to her husband, or an unknown woman took the identity of my friend to be married properly and to hide her true identity. The only thing we could cling to is the fake signature of the woman on the marriage contract. If possible, what other ways could we prove the first marriage as fake? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

Oo naman, bakit hindi eh peke nga kamo eh.

Anong MC ba yan, galing registrar at NSO? baka galing sa recto na pinadala sa postal mail? Very Happy

kung valid man yun.. siguro petitions for declaration of nullity of marriages?

>> Mistake in identity (those contracted through mistake of one contracting party as to the identity of the other).

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Space Reverie wrote:Is it possible to prove that a first marriage is fraud if the victim's signature is fake? My friend was shock to find out that there was a marriage contract stating that she was already married before her real husband. She doesn't even know the person she was married to, the place where they were married, and the people who stood as witnesses. We believe that it was a made-up document to destroy my friend to her husband, or an unknown woman took the identity of my friend to be married properly and to hide her true identity. The only thing we could cling to is the fake signature of the woman on the marriage contract. If possible, what other ways could we prove the first marriage as fake? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Your friend needs to get all the documents to trace the certificate all the way up to the office of the civil registry where it was filed.
Your friend has the authority to secure all these with the proper identification.
If indeed it was registered, ask the office of civil registry on what can be done.
The usual norm is to file a proper petition in court and the proceedings completed. This requires a lawyer and can be tedious.
Be reminded that falsification of public document is a crime. This is an angle your friend can look into.

Space Reverie

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the advice, it is very much well-appreciated. We will look into it immediately.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum