Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

bigamy and marriage fraud in Philippines and the USA

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

thomas pringle

Arresto Menor

I married a filipina in 2007 only to find out she married another American in 2006.Can I sue her and how do I proceed? This was a blatant violation of bigamy as she used us both to get to the USA. She was in deportation from USA and fled back to Phils. She does own property and I wish to sue for damages. Also do you know of any attorneys who would pursue this in the Phils?

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

sue for damages? but you can't sue her if she is already in Philippines especially if her properties is in Philippines! no attorney will handle a foreigner's case if you are not residence in Philippines I'm afraid! Crying or Very sad

thomas pringle wrote:I married a filipina in 2007 only to find out she married another American in 2006.Can I sue her and how do I proceed? This was a blatant violation of bigamy as she used us both to get to the USA. She was in deportation from USA and fled back to Phils. She does own property and I wish to sue for damages. Also do you know of any attorneys who would pursue this in the Phils?

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

don't worry there are some lawyers who can handle your case but if you are suing for damages which is asking money all the money you can claim while the case is on going will be spent! ie: you win the case and will receive 200K Pesos your lawyer cost might cost you more or less 200K so it's up to you! we all know in US even small incident people sue each other! so if you want to go ahead with it! all your efforts will just to your attorney's fee if that is okay to you! Rolling Eyes

attyLLL

to answer the original question, the answer is yes, you can sue her. but note that the marriages are considered valid until declared void by a competent court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum