Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage fraud (scam)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marriage fraud (scam) Empty Marriage fraud (scam) Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Michelle228

Arresto Menor

Hi Sir,
I am a foreigner resident in other country married to a filipina. We got married in ph. We both agreed that after marriage we will stay in my resident country in sg. We bought a house in ph, all funded by me. As I cannot own a land, she purchased it under her name but declared herself as "single" on the public document of the land.

In summary:
we were only together for 67 days as husband and wife out of one year and 2 months marriage, bc she keeps coming back to ph. 6 months after getting married, she was caught by her sibling still in a relationship with her long time boyfriend since 2011. So right after that jan 2018, she asked for annulment. As i researched more about it, I've learned that the same guy was engaged to her years back on the fb page of my wife, and couple of pictures of them together with my wife's family. But what is shocking is the bestfriends and other sister of my wife went out for a holiday vacation in palawan with the same boyfriend in feb 2018.

I feel i was absolutely scammed, it was a marriage fraud, and only used for money to get that house. My father died last year and she was suppose to fly in dec but she said she lost her passport and she asked for 50k to get her passport instead, so i sent it. The car i purchased in ph where is on installment and was solely put under her name too, I 've been paying it since day 1 with no default thru an account under her name to have enought sufficient funds solely for the car payments, where the bank just do auto debit, only to find out that shes been checking the daily balance of account and withdrawing money from there, now the car incurred interest and missed payments. I am the co-borrower only. I have stopped sending her money since I found out the truth.

I met this lady because she a sister of my australian friend's wife, so this is not thru online dating.

Question:
What charges are applicable to this case against her which you feel will prosper?
Could have i known that she's engaged with a long time boyfriend, I will not be in a relationship and married her, or even bought a house in ph and a car.

2Marriage fraud (scam) Empty Re: Marriage fraud (scam) Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:38 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

A criminal case of adultery may prosper against your erring "wife", but a lawyer has to review the evidences you have on hand to check if it is sufficient for your case to prosper in court proceedings. You should hire one immediately, so that he can take the necessary steps legally.

Keep all chat messages and evidences you have online, and do a screenshot for safekeeping. These may be used against her as evidence of her violations against your marriage. If possible, try to hire a private investigator here in the Philippines so that he can do a surveillance job and take photographic evidence for you.

I hope this matter will be resolved in your favor. Godspeed.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum