Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are these these terms, libelous?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are these these terms, libelous?  Empty Are these these terms, libelous? Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:02 pm

PykeOPATHIC

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorneys,

Are these terms libelous if used to describe an individual?

"'Tang ina nya"
"Pathetic"
"Drama Queen"
"Kiss ass"
"Parasitic hitch hiking habits"
"Abusive hitch hiking habits"

Thanks in advance.

2Are these these terms, libelous?  Empty Re: Are these these terms, libelous? Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:21 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

Libel:
false and malicious statement about a person.
A published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation; a written defamation.

3Are these these terms, libelous?  Empty Re: Are these these terms, libelous? Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:29 pm

PykeOPATHIC

Arresto Menor

Landowner12,

I'm not sure what you're trying to answer me with. I certainly have seen that before posting. As I was researching, I also saw this:

c). Words which are merely insulting are not actionable as libel or slander per se, and mere words of general abuse however opprobious, ill-natured, or vexatious whether written r spoken, do not constitute a basis for an action for defamation in the absence of allegation for special damages. The fact that the language is offensive to the plaintiff does not make it actionable by itself ( MVRS Pub. Inc. vs Islamic  Da’wah  Council of the Phil. 444 Phil. 20;  Binay vs. Sec. of Justice Sept. 8, 2006)

And that was from:

http://www.batasnatin.com/law-library/criminal-law/crimes-and-penalties/1079-libel.html

So which is which?

If you can, please be specific.

4Are these these terms, libelous?  Empty Re: Are these these terms, libelous? Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:43 pm

raheemerick

raheemerick
Reclusion Perpetua

naman Smile
wait ka lng sa explaination at resbak ni master land owner Smile his just defining you according sa title ng topic mo.

relax ka lng Smile

try mo ang "Slander" its a libel committed by oral (spoken) means, instead of in writing. The term oral defamation or slander as now understood, has been defined as the speaking of base and defamatory words which tend to prejudice another in his reputation, office, trade, business or means of livelihood.

Sa crime na ito, dapat ay identified ang taong sinabihan nya ng salitang nabanggit mo. In short, kailangan na tinukoy niya ang taong sinabihan nya.
at ito ay ginawa nya in public. Ang crime na ito ay may kaukulang parusa na arresto menor o 1-30 days or a fine not exceeding Php200.00 if not serious in nature.

ako din kasi similar case. mag demanda ako ng ganyan sa taong tumawag sakin at nag sabi ng

muka daw akong pogi Smile

i feel insulted kasi.. ngongo ang nag sabi non at tumawag sakin..

pu*i yta talaga ang dpt nyang sasabihin Smile

5Are these these terms, libelous?  Empty Re: Are these these terms, libelous? Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:28 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

sorry idol,

but i think the answer is already on the link the TS provided.

Hayaan mo sir, pag nakatapos me ng law, medyo mas mapapaliwanag ko to,,

Perhaps we can ask the licences lawyers please,,

good day po...

6Are these these terms, libelous?  Empty Re: Are these these terms, libelous? Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:58 pm

PykeOPATHIC

Arresto Menor

Sorry, if my reply to Landowner was misinterpreted. I'm cool, hindi po ako nakikipag away. I was just confirming what I read somewhere.

7Are these these terms, libelous?  Empty Re: Are these these terms, libelous? Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

its ok bro,,
no harm done here,,
i hope same way to you,,,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum