Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is giving an opinion may be considered a libelous act?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nonoy12

Arresto Menor

Hi atty.. I just want to ask if giving my opinion on a certain matter may constitute libel? Actually, I wrote an article in an online forum but I stated in that article that those were entirely my opinions so it may be true or just a product of my imagination.

Then next query that I want to ask if there is a prescriptive period in filing a civil case for damages arising from the crime of libel.

Is there such a crime as online libel? What I knew is that the Cybercrime Prevention Act has been under TRO as of the moment. If there is such a crime, what would have been the best evidence to it?

thank you so much and I hope to hear from you.

nonoy12

Arresto Menor

I hope somebody can answer my queries.. Thanks

attyLLL

it depends on what you said

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

nonoy12

Arresto Menor

I am just giving my analysis and opinion on what had transpired in the said event...

Atty, I just want also to ask if MODERATORS in a particular internet forum may also be held liable if they allow defamatory statements in the forum though there seem to be a disclaimer that the forumers are acting in their own individual capacity...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum