Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

full name is wrong

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1full name is wrong Empty full name is wrong Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:23 pm

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

Please help po. the name on my husbands birth certificate is wrong. His name is Angelico Caminian Jr while on his birth it says Angelito Camillan. What r we going to do with it?

2full name is wrong Empty Re: full name is wrong Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:33 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

This can be presented as a clerical error and maybe changed by the office of civil registry where the birth certificate was registered. The other extreme is requiring a court petition which is tedious and expensive process.

Suggest you go to the OCR and inquire on the documentation needed.
Is his birth certificate registered with the NSO?

3full name is wrong Empty Re: full name is wrong Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:36 pm

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

Yes. please let me know the requirements needed

4full name is wrong Empty Re: full name is wrong Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 pm

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Based on Section 5, Republic Act No. 10172, the requirements are: (1) A certified true machine copy of the certificate or of the page of the registry book containing the entry or entries sought to be corrected or changed;
(2) At least two (2) public or private documents showing the correct entry or entries upon which the correction or change shall be based; and
(3) Other documents which the petitioner or the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the petition.

The office of civil registry may have other requirements. Ask them.

5full name is wrong Empty Re: full name is wrong Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:34 pm

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

What if i go on with the court petition process, can i leave evrything with the lawyer?

6full name is wrong Empty Re: full name is wrong Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:35 pm

sam joy

Arresto Mayor

What if i go on with the court petition process, can i leave evrything with the lawyer?

7full name is wrong Empty Re: full name is wrong Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:37 am

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

No court petition required for clerical error. Office of Civil Registry will correct with requirements submitted some of which are affidavits.

8full name is wrong Empty Re: full name is wrong Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:51 am

jazzlecatalan

Arresto Mayor

Good info din centro ang gagaling nyo Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum