Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

correction of entry or change of name?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1correction of entry or change of name? Empty correction of entry or change of name? Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 pm

crazybeautiful

Arresto Menor

hi, my mother's given name is Alicia however in my birth certificate it is Alice. If I correct it to Alicia, will it be considered correction of entry or change of name? thank you.

johnloyac

Arresto Menor

Hi po. I am a civil registrar po and the error is clerical error only because the data to be changed is not the first name of the child-registrant (in this case, not your first name) any other errors aside from the document owner's first name will be treated as clerical error.

3correction of entry or change of name? Empty correction of entry or change of name? Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:52 pm

crazybeautiful

Arresto Menor

ok, thank you po sa clarification! Godbless..

4correction of entry or change of name? Empty Change of Full Name Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Violet29

Arresto Menor

Hi, I want to legally adopt the child of my husband when she turns 7-year-old, is it possible to change the name of his child to my desired name?

5correction of entry or change of name? Empty Re: correction of entry or change of name? Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:08 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

I am not really sure if the court will grant your wish. There are only three grounds for the change. Under RA 9048 Section 4 in this wise.

Section 4. Grounds for Change of First Name or Nickname. – The petition for change of first name or nickname may be allowed in any of the following cases:
(1) The petitioner finds the first name or nickname to be ridiculous, tainted with dishonor or extremely difficult to write or pronounce.
(2) The new first name or nickname has been habitually and continuously used by the petitioner and he has been publicly known by that by that first name or nickname in the community: or
(3) The change will avoid confusion.

attyLLL

violet, a petition for adoption can include a petition for change of name, but normally it's for the last name. of course, there's nothing that says you can't change the first name also so the court might allow it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Violet29

Arresto Menor

Thank you po for the feedback. More power.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum