Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NSO Correction of Entry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NSO Correction of Entry Empty NSO Correction of Entry Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:37 pm

metanoia_2309

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir or Madam,

My wife and I got married at the age of 23 and was given advice for marriage by our mothers as prescribe by the Philippine law if the couple is below 25 years old. All of the entries in our marriage certificate are correct except in the section for the Person who gave advice or consent for marriage.

Since our mother gave the consent, the name should be put in there is suppose to be their married name if I am not mistaken. Unfortunately, the clerk who made our marriage certificate put the maiden name of my mother-in-law instead.

I would like to know if this error would invalidate our marriage? Furthermore, I am planning to have this problem corrected and I want to know your expert advice about this issue if this would fall under Correction of Entry? I mean, the error was not related at all in our names as couple but still I want to get it fix to avoid future problems and confusions.

Thank you in advance and am looking forward of hearing on you.

2NSO Correction of Entry Empty Re: NSO Correction of Entry Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:53 pm

attyLLL

these are irregularities, but do not invalidate the marriage. you can do nothing, and it will not have any effect.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum