Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HELP! ABANDONMENT OF HUSBAND/ANNULMENT

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HELP! ABANDONMENT OF HUSBAND/ANNULMENT Empty HELP! ABANDONMENT OF HUSBAND/ANNULMENT Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:10 pm

happymommy

Arresto Menor

We got married last June 21, 2014. Before we got married, we already had money issues to deal with… knowing that I am five months pregnant (at the moment of our marriage) and my salary would not suffice to cater my needs anymore because I already have a 6 year old son who’s studying in a private school. At the start of my pregnancy, he has been supporting me financially but as time passed by, he had changed on how he should have been supporting me. We fought a couple of times because of money but still I tried my best to understand him. After marriage, he promised me that he will be supportive all the way and be a good provider, husband and father. But it seemed like his words are just… words. No actions. He has been working but he has not been giving me any support, we fight when I ask for money to buy my maternity milk, or even to buy for our baby’s clothes, or even a small amount for ultrasound. He said he still have obligations to his mother and father. Again, I tried to understand because he’s my husband. Aside from not giving me anything, he has been asking for money from me, he wants me to pay for his debts etc. He kept on ding this again and again to the point that I had enough. At the night of July 17, 2014, we had a terrible fight. He was asking for Php 500 because he said that he’s going to pay someone of something. It was the only money left for us, for the baby. I did not give him the money, not even a single centavo. He got super mad that he verbalized the words that shocked me… that that would be the last day for us, for our marriage as husband and wife… that he’d want to be single again… that he’d want to go home to his mother… I was so pissed off, due to anger and to the all kinds of stress that he has given to me and my baby, that I just let him do what he wanted and that is to go home to his mother. For me, I don’t want to suffer in any kind of stress because I don’t want to affect the baby.

We went to the barangay, I filed a complaint against him because I already don’t want to see him around me. At that time, I have also found out that he had so many debts, he has been gambling and he was a drug addict. I did not want to settle anything, only a financial support for my upcoming delivery. He promised to give Php 15,000 at the end of September but then… he didn’t. My uncle tried to follow up the barangay re: his promise of giving support for me. But his parents told my uncle that their son is not around and that they don’t know where he is. I gave birth by October 2014 and from then on, I have settled in my mind that he abandoned us. Since August 2014, that was the last time I saw him in the barangay, until now, I haven’t seen nor heard of him or his whereabouts. Will the circumstances above be used as grounds for legal separation or annulment? Will he be jailed for abandoning us? Can I ask file any case that will let him be obliged to support us?

Thank you very much.

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Pursue your case with the Barangay for you to get a certificate to file action in court.
Look into RA 9262 An Act Defining Violence Against Women and their Children.
If you said you are married and is legally documented with NSO, and assuming your child has an acknowledgement of paternity, you can demand for financial support for the child. A case has to be filed in court to define action steps. This requires filing in court with a lawyer. For now, a demand letter might suffice for you to get the support.
Ground for annulment is psychologically incapacitated. This can be an tedious case.
You best bet is RA 9262.

These are just my suggestions. Feel free to validate and seek other points of view.

jazzlecatalan

Arresto Mayor

Ask ko LNG centro what if ang nag abandona e ngwwork abroad pero legal n mg asawa at my anak? Anu ang dapat gawin ng asawa n nasa pinas? Is it true n mdedeport ang nag abandona if mg file ng report s POEA? What is the best way to do since ang nrereklamo ay milya milya ang layo. Possible p rin b mgawan ng action? Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum