Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

annulment or abandonment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1annulment or abandonment Empty annulment or abandonment Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:00 am

jersie

Arresto Menor

greetings...

im a filipina but married to a us citizen guy..he was still in the army then..we got married feb.15,2008..after 2 days of our marriege he went back to the states where he stationed at..after a year of talking online he just stopped talking to me..i tried to get a hold of him but he blocked all the communications we had..havent talk to him since april 15,2009 till now..

i just want to know what should i do? or if anyone can help me..cos i cant afford to file for annulment..i dont know where hes at and i heard that theres a possibility that he got married again in the states since h didnt submit our marriage contract to the us government..

please i need some advice

2annulment or abandonment Empty Re: annulment or abandonment Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:05 pm

attyLLL

what you can do is to write to the US Army and provide proof that you are married to him, and you are trying to track him down. hopefully, they will assist you in finding him.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3annulment or abandonment Empty Re: annulment or abandonment Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

jersie

Arresto Menor

i already did ask some help from the army but they said since hes not in the army anymore then they cant help me out with it..all they told me is that hes still in michigan but dont know where hes at..

4annulment or abandonment Empty Re: annulment or abandonment Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:18 am

b_9904

b_9904
Prision Correccional

^maybe the US embassy then?

If he got a divorce then your in luck... you'll be able to remarry. otherwise, ask him to divorce you so that you could remarry.

5annulment or abandonment Empty Re: annulment or abandonment Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:23 pm

attyLLL

use electronic search such as facebook. find his friends, family. send emails to authorities in michigan. but be courteous. hopefully, someone will eventually point you to him. there are even electroni phone books in the USA.

6annulment or abandonment Empty Re: annulment or abandonment Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:48 am

jersie

Arresto Menor

ok thanks for the advices..but if ever i cant get a hold of him which is what ive been trying since he stopped talking to me..would it be possible that i can just file for abandonment instead of annulment since its been 2 years that we havent seen each other or talk?? and if i can do that is there any way i can get it done faster?

7annulment or abandonment Empty Re: annulment or abandonment Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 pm

attyLLL

what would be the point of filing for abandonment? you mean legal separation? it would have no significant legal effect.

8annulment or abandonment Empty Re: annulment or abandonment Fri May 20, 2011 1:31 am

jersie

Arresto Menor

where can i find an atty than can help me file for my annulment...and its not as expensive as other atty..?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum