Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

LIVE-IN / NOT MARRIED

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LIVE-IN / NOT MARRIED Empty LIVE-IN / NOT MARRIED Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:23 pm

beauty_queen

Arresto Menor

Hello to all!

Mga attorney gusto ko po sanang itanong kase I'm pregnant and my boyfriend and I not yet married, my main question is kapag po ba nanganak ako legal po bang gamitin ng anak ko ang surname ng boyfriend ko? pano po ba yon kase di pa naman kami kasal magiging illegitimate ba ang aking anak? Wala naman po bang magiging problema noon sa mga papeles which is ang name ko na mag aappear is surname ko at di surname ng father ng anak ko dahil di pa naman kami kasal. In the future po ba wala namang magiging problema sa mga papers ng anak ko dahil di pa kami kasal noong ipinanganak sya. Plan namin magpakasal kapag may ipon na kaming saapt sa aming pagpapakasal. Pero di pa po sa ngayon.
Maraming salamat po, sana matunugunan ninyo ang aking katanungan..
God bLess!

2LIVE-IN / NOT MARRIED Empty Re: LIVE-IN / NOT MARRIED Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 pm

attyLLL

here's the thing, i hope you will get married eventually, but based on the experience of the other people here, things may go wrong some day.

if you both feel you are ready to commit to each other, get married now. it's not that expensive if you get married before a judge.

if not, i recommend you ask your boyfriend to issue an affidavit of acknowledgment. after your child is born, register the name to your own surname, but when you get a copy of the birth certificate, have your boyfriend sign it at the back, and issue an authorization to use surname of the father. that way your child can use either your own or his surname while he is illegitimate.

if you get married eventually, the child will be deemed legitimated and will use the surname of the father only.

if you name the child to the father immediately and god forbids, you and the father separate, you will end up having different last names and it will take a judicial petition to change it without any guarantee of success.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum