Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal or not? My company denies to provide personal copies of disciplinary procedures

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ShinReine

Arresto Menor

Hi, I'm new, btw.

Say my company wants to issue me a disciplinary warning, like say... a verbal/written warning documenting my offense/failure, and further documenting what further sanctions/warning progressions I may incure if I continue my offense/failure to adhere to company policies... is it legal for my employer to deny my request for a personal copy of that document that I'm signing?

I ask because my company only makes it's employers sign one copy which goes either to management and/or HR. I find it suspicious and illegal because who knows what they may just add in after I sign, right?

I work for a BPO from a US-based company if that matters at all. I don't think it should since the company should follow our labor laws.

Thanks.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ShinReine wrote:Hi, I'm new, btw.

Say my company wants to issue me a disciplinary warning, like say... a verbal/written warning documenting my offense/failure, and further documenting what further sanctions/warning progressions I may incure if I continue my offense/failure to adhere to company policies... is it legal for my employer to deny my request for a personal copy of that document that I'm signing?

I ask because my company only makes it's employers sign one copy which goes either to management and/or HR. I find it suspicious and illegal because who knows what they may just add in after I sign, right?

I work for a BPO from a US-based company if that matters at all. I don't think it should since the company should follow our labor laws.

Thanks.

are the warning documents typed or handwritten?

while it is ideal that they give you a copy, it is not illegal if they do not give it to you.

http://www.councilviews.com

ShinReine

Arresto Menor

Typed/printed. I'm surprised though, because what if I sign a document, then long after that, a manager/HR may scribble a note on it and sign on it? Now it will appear that it was there before I had signed it.

Anyway, next question: what if I demand one, should they have to give me a copy? I'm assuming it's legal to NOT voluntarily provide one, but then should the employee request one, they should comply.

Thanks again.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

ShinReine wrote:Typed/printed. I'm surprised though, because what if I sign a document, then long after that, a manager/HR may scribble a note on it and sign on it? Now it will appear that it was there before I had signed it.

Anyway, next question: what if I demand one, should they have to give me a copy? I'm assuming it's legal to NOT voluntarily provide one, but then should the employee request one, they should comply.

Thanks again.

any insertion needs to be co-signed at that point by both parties. any missing signature might mean that one party did not know of it.

in the same way that if you have a copy, how sure would it be that they won't also think that you might scribble something on it and sign?

if it is not illegal to refuse then no matter how much you demand will not change anything.

if you request for it, it's not any different to demanding for it. they still might refuse.

You may (or should be) entitled to see the document you signed, at any time.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum