Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insubordination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Insubordination  Empty Insubordination Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Aleksandr

Arresto Menor

Question: I have a friend who was given NTE for Insubordination because she requested to be on 1-month leave due to personal issues, she opened a bar and needs to focus there for 1 month. Her boss didn't allow her. So, instead of going on leave, she just text in daily that she will not go to work for 1 week. Hence, she's informing her boss that she won't go to work. She knows it's unexcused absence. But her NTE includes both sanctions to unexcused absence and insubordination which is possible termination.

Is that legal? How can she explain her side on the NTE. Help please.

2Insubordination  Empty Re: Insubordination Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Aleksandr

Arresto Menor

Addendum: As per law, what is the prescribed time of serving NTE? The incidents happen on Dec. 17-19, 2014, but she only got the NTE on Jan. 6, 2015.

3Insubordination  Empty Re: Insubordination Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:26 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

the company can file whatever case for any infraction they feel the employee has committed.

it is up to the employee to reply and prove that he did not commit the infractions.

prescribed time: as long as it is within reasonable time.

I think the nte was given within a reasonable since it's the holiday season. nobody wants to have an nte ruin their holidays.

your friend is lucky that she wasn't charged with conflict of interest and other violations of the employment contract esp relating to having another job which may conflict with her work.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum