Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

divorce from my husband

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1divorce from my husband Empty divorce from my husband Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:08 am

am31

Arresto Menor

Hi,i hope some could give me an idea on the proceedings...my husband went to canada for work.he is now living with his mistress and got 1 kid. I received a divorce letter,but i would like to appeal in court of canada not to grant his appeal for divorce. I was aking him for annulment and he couldn't give it to me,what he did was he filed a divorce. My question is what should i do in order to respond to his appeal?i wont give my signature unless he will give me my annulment. Second can i file a grounds to him since he is with his mistress and they already got a kid now. Please advise.thanks.

2divorce from my husband Empty Re: divorce from my husband Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:25 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Is your husband a Canadian citizen now or still a Filipino citizen? If he is still a Filipino citizen, the divorce that he will obtain will not be valid here in the Philippines. Hence, if he marries his mistress, you can sue them.

If your husband is a Canadian citizen, please check this link:

http://divorce-canada.ca/divorce-in-canada-faq

I hope that will help you.

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3divorce from my husband Empty Re: divorce from my husband Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:55 am

am31

Arresto Menor

I think he is still applying for permanent residency in canada.but his mistress is also in canada temporary work visa.if he will obtain the divorce.can he marry the mistress? Can i still sue him if he marry his mistress in canada since he never filed for annulment here in the philippines?

4divorce from my husband Empty Re: divorce from my husband Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Can you get a Divorce if you are not a Canadian citizen?

Yes. You do not have to be a Canadian citizen to be granted a Divorce in Canada. Also, it doesn’t matter where your marriage took place. As long as you or your spouse has been a resident for at least a year, then you can apply for a Divorce.

Can you get a Divorce if only one partner wants it?

Yes. If one spouse wants a Divorce then that is proof of a break down in your marriage. However, you will need to wait for a one year separation period, or meet one of the other approved grounds for Divorce in Canada.

If and when your husband divorce you, he need to forward a copy of his divorced papers then you can file it for recognition. When his application for citizenship is granted his divorce to you will be recorded along with it which means he is free to marry his mistress.

Canada all together is different jurisdiction to Philippines so if his divorce is obtained there, you will need to be there in order to opposed him.

5divorce from my husband Empty Re: divorce from my husband Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:53 pm

sayuri0017

Arresto Menor

hi there,gsto ko po sna malamn kung may kaso po bng mafifile sa ex wife ng bf ko po?kasi po noon ngfile ng divorce ang ex wife nya then may doc.na sinend sknya para pirmahan po then hnd nya po pinirmahan,now nagpksal sya sa canadian men (nsa canada po kasi ubg babae dun sya nagwwork as a cashier)

6divorce from my husband Empty Re: divorce from my husband Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:56 pm

sayuri0017

Arresto Menor

may isa pa po sna akong tanng,kung sakali po gusto nnmin magsma at magffile po ng annulment ang bf ko maggrant po kaya un?eight years n po silang separated two kids po meron sila,and if ever hnd po pumyag ang babae na maannulled ang kasal nila,hnd po ba tlga maannulled yun?as in wala n pong hope

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum