Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got divorce abroad that was signed by Filipino Husband

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rainique

Arresto Menor

I got separated from my Filipino husband in 2003, I went to Europe in 2005. Got a divorce which was uncontested, my Filipino husband signed the papers as he is ok with that. And I was able to get married in Europe. My Filipino husband is also with his partner for some time now. We both agreed that we want new partners in life. Can anyone sue us for concubinage/adultery or bigamy for me?

Almondo

Arresto Mayor

Im not a Lawyer,,,,If you was originally married in Philippines,,, Then you are still married because governments dont interchange information... Go to the Philippine Embassy n Consulate in your country,,, Show them your Divorve and new Marriage Certificate,,, They will VALIDATE IT and they will notify the NSO in Philippines to update.. Philippines will accept your Foriegn Divorce if done this way..

rainique

Arresto Menor

I still have Filipino citizenship.

ab99

Arresto Menor

im not a lawyer yet but you need to get a declaration of nullity of your marriage with pinoy husband from a Philippine court. in adultery/concubinage issue, i know its only between you and pinoy husband who can pursue a case against each other-- you against pinoy husband = concubinage, pinoy husband against you = adultery. If both of you will be true to your 'agreement' then i think there will be no problem.

still best to get the declaration of nullity of you and pinoy husband marriage from the court.

Almondo

Arresto Mayor

Please go to Philippine Embassy Consulate in your Europe city where you can ask a Filipino Lawyer there...Im Australian with the same problem,,, This was what i was told how to register your Foriegn Divorce with the NSO in Philippines.

attyLLL

almondo, that used to be allowed, but not anymore. a petition in court is required.

rainique, your divorce will not be recognized here, but only your husband can file concubinage against you

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Almondo

Arresto Mayor

Family Court Judge told me all i need from Aust Embassy is CERTIFICATE OF NO IMPEDIMENT with my Original Divorce and HE WILL PERFORM THE MARRIAGE,,, that foreners DONT NEED NSO CENOMAR as they are not under Filipino Law...

attyLLL

i agree that foreigners do not need nso cenomar. what i am saying is that after a foreign divorce is reported to the philippine embassy, there was still no autoamtic notation on the previous marriage certificate.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum