Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Divorce abroad and 2nd marriage plans abroad

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

eden0819

Arresto Menor

Good day! Id like to ask for your advice.

I want to know if a person married here in the philippines be acquitted with bigamy or adultery if she/he marries abroad? My husband married his then mistress when he was in Korea in 2007 or 2008. He has never supported our son since 2007.

Can i file a divorce abroad, say, in Japan and then can I marry there? I understand its not legal and recognizable in Philippine law but what if i choose to live in other countries that have divorce, will it still be legal and recognized? I dont plan to live in the philippines after the divorce anyway. As I understand, hindi ito marerecognize if I am on Philippine soils only?

Magkakaroon ba ng problema if gusto kong kunin ang anak ko? Balak ko kase mgfile ng divorce sa abroad, marry my now bf there, then go back to philippines for my son's adoption, then fly na sa US. My ex husband agreed to get annulled kase kasal na sya sa asawa nya ngayon at may 3 silang anak, pero wala pa daw syang pera. Nsa Australia siya ngayon nagttrabaho. He's Filipino.

Thank you.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Husband bigamy. Yes.

"Can i file a divorce abroad, say, in Japan and then can I marry there?"
Yes, but it will be a crime in the Philippines you living together abroad.

BUT. Has your husband got a divorce abroad? IF so there is a chance YOU can have some USE of that in the Philippines. (I don't remember how much use you can have by it, so I hope someone else can answer that better Smile

eden0819

Arresto Menor

I see. But I dont have plans living in the Philippines after the "marriage". Magkakaproblem ba if halimbawa ngvisit lang aq sa Pinas for a few weeks after the "marriage"?

I dont think he had divorce abroad coz when he went to Korea, his passport and papers are still "Single". Di sya nkpagchange status before he went. All i know is ngpakasal sila dun.

Thanks for responding :-)

eden0819

Arresto Menor

I see. But I dont have plans living in the Philippines after the "marriage". Magkakaproblem ba if halimbawa ngvisit lang aq sa Pinas for a few weeks after the "marriage"?

I dont think he had divorce abroad coz when he went to Korea, his passport and papers are still "Single". Di sya nkpagchange status before he went. All i know is ngpakasal sila dun.

Thanks for responding :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum