Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Married in Philippines, got divorce abroad

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jheen

Arresto Menor

Hi, I would just like to ask anybody who's expert with family law . My ex husband and I got married in th Philippines 2002, got Judicial Separation Agreement and Divorce here overseas couple of years ago since we are also citizen here now. My questions are: Are we still married and in the Philippines? If not how can my marriage be Null and void in Philippines. If my mother transfer the Deeds of her house and lot to my name will my ex husband have rights to this? Thank you so much in advance for your time and advice. Regards,

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

you mean both of you are dual citizen?

jheen

Arresto Menor

Yes, we are both citizen here now that's why I was able to get divorce from here. I have Dual, not sure if he does. I was actually told by the Solicitor here that if I got annulment in the Philippines, it won't be recognized here as we are both citizens here.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

if both of you are still Filipino citizens, you also cannot have your divorce recognized in the Philippines since there is no divorce in the Philippines. As far as the law in the Philippines is concerned, you are still married.

jheen

Arresto Menor

Thanks xtianjames. Would that mean as well that if my mother transfer the Deeds of her house to me, my ex husband would have rights to the property too? We already signed Deed of Separation with my solicitor done here.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

is the property in the Philippines? if yes, then you need to file for Voluntary separation of properties in the Philippines. Hire a lawyer to assist you with this.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

If your mother transfers properties to you by way of donation now, that is your exclusive property.

jheen

Arresto Menor

Thank you xtianjames and Jadis. That was very helpful of you. xx By the way can you recommend a lawyer for me. The last one I hired wasn't reliable and just got away took away the initial fee I gave. Thank you so much. I really appreciate your wisdom and time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum