Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filipina want to get divorce with thai husband

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Racheldepanoadriano

Arresto Menor

Im rachel. Married with thai husband. We got married here in thailand and registered our marriage contract here in philippine embassy thailand. In thailand there are two kinds of divorce, uncontested and contested divorce. Which of these is easy and accepted by philippine govt.
We have no matters to discuss and we both agree to get a divorce. Thank u for legal advice

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Better have him divorce you in Thailand. Then file a petition for recognition of foreign judgment here in the Philippines.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You are better of to divorce him in Thailand as they do have divorce there.
Divorces fall into one of two categories, uncontested and contested. In an uncontested divorce, both parties agree on all aspects of the divorce outside of the court and do not need a judge to rule on any matters. A contested divorce happens when divorcing parties can't reach an agreement on certain matters and need a court to decide for them. You have to go to the municipal together and file the petition for uncontested since you both agreed to it. Ensure that you both have the copies and forward a copy to census, so when you intend to remarry in the future they can easily verify your documents. Wink

Racheldepanoadriano

Arresto Menor

Thank u guys.. Thats pretty good..
How long it will take to apply for petition for recognition? Do i need a lawer for that? Or can i just apply by my self? Which one is easier.. Since im living and working here in thailand. Do i need also to registered my divorce to the embassy of philippines here in thailand? Thank u again

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

How long it will take to apply for petition for recognition?
That I don't know it divorce normally take time to process.

Do i need a lawer for that? Of course you do!
Or can i just apply by my self? No you can't!

Which one is easier..
Since im living and working here in thailand. Do i need also to registered my divorce to the embassy of philippines here in Thailand?
Yes! and they will forward it to Census.

Racheldepanoadriano

Arresto Menor

Thank you..it helps a lot!
Is the processing of petition for recognition cost a lot of money? Usually how much will it cost and usually how long? Minimum 6 months or one year?
Can i just hired a lawyer and let him fix it while im here in thailand? Do i need to appear physically during the petition?
Thank u..

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Racheldepanoadriano wrote:Thank you..it helps a lot!
Is the processing of petition for recognition cost a lot of money? Usually how much will it cost and usually how long? Minimum 6 months or one year?
Can i just hired a lawyer and let him fix it while im here in thailand? Do i need to appear physically during the petition?
Thank u..

which details you did not understand? when I say you can file the divorce there in Thailand! You do not need to file it also in Philippines. when its processed in Thailand and granted all you have to do is forward the paper to Philippine Embassy in Thailand and they will do the rest which is forward it to Census.
with regards to time frame maybe 6 months to a year or so but not longer than that! with regards to cost I don't know how much they charge in Baht but it will for sure cheaper and faster than doing it in Philippines as we haven't got divorce yet just annulment which take a lot of time and effort!

Racheldepanoadriano

Arresto Menor

Thank you..
Hope you will help more people out there,
Cheers

attyLLL

while it is true that our embassies used to report the divorce to the NSO, the NSO will not annotate the same to your marriage contract unless there is a court order. Therefore it is necessary that there is a petition for recognition of foreign judgment to be filed here in the Philippines.

No, it is not absolutely necessary for you to appear, but it will be better.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Racheldepanoadriano

Arresto Menor

Thank u attyLLL
I hope one day philippines will consider divorce, as its the only country in the world and around vatican doesnt have divorce law.
We should start to face the reality of marriage. We dont live in romeo & juliet era anymore.
I thank all the people in this website for legal advise and share a few moments of their time in a day.
I look forward for more info from anyone there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum