Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

what to do if a foreigner man married to a filipina and then they filed divorce in US and its approved there?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jhoycejalkson

Arresto Menor

what steps should the foreigner do if he was married to a filipina before and they got divorce in US? do they still need to file annulment here and spend 300,000 php just like what other lawyer said?? what are things he needs to do? so he can get marry again???

dustyroadsagain

Arresto Menor

Greetings,
I would like to ask the question of can the American marry again in the Philippines after divorce here? And what about the Filippina----can she be allwoed as well to remarry in the eyes of law there? I understand she needs to get anulled over there-correct? Our 2 boys yrs.(10 & 6) are now living in the Philippines with her family.

They were to only be there for a (break) but their mother wants them to stay there as she now goes her seperate ways. I am not in this for a right/wrong fight but what rights ( other than visiting) do I have as their father since they are there? Thank you and God Bless for your help![i]

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

You have to be more specific with the details I'm afraid, where were you married from? in the US or in the Philippines? If it is in the US your divorce papers would be enough and if it is in Philippines then she would have to forward your divorced papers. As an American when your divorced has been granted then the marriage is over. As an American citizen you are not under their jurisdictions unless you commit a crime in their country.

As for your right as the father, if the children are still small then you would need a good lawyer if she fight you with the children's custody. As the law are more likely to be in favor to give them to mother's custody.

dustyroadsagain wrote:Greetings,
I would like to ask the question of can the American marry again in the Philippines after divorce here? And what about the Filippina----can she be allwoed as well to remarry in the eyes of law there? I understand she needs to get anulled over there-correct? Our 2 boys yrs.(10 & 6) are now living in the Philippines with her family.
They were to only be there for a (break) but their mother wants them to stay there as she now goes her seperate ways. I am not in this for a right/wrong fight but what rights ( other than visiting) do I have as their father since they are there? Thank you and God Bless for your help![i]

dustyroadsagain

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your kind time MDVENTURA,
Yes we ere married in the Philippines and she is now a U.S. citizen. So maybe another question is can I bring them back here to America to be with me or are the lost even with a laywer as you said favor to mother? The 10 yr was born in the Philippines and the 6 yr was born there but of course that both are US citizens.

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Are they just US citizen or they have dual passport? If they are both US passport holder only, they are US subject but if they have dual citizen then you still need a very good lawyer.
The good thing to keep them under US passport is that the US government will protect them in any problems but if they have dual passport the US cannot intervene if they are in the Philippines. Good luck!

dustyroadsagain wrote:Thank you for your kind time MDVENTURA,
Yes we ere married in the Philippines and she is now a U.S. citizen. So maybe another question is can I bring them back here to America to be with me or are the lost even with a laywer as you said favor to mother? The 10 yr was born in the Philippines and the 6 yr was born there but of course that both are US citizens.

dustyroadsagain

Arresto Menor

Wow! Your a worth a million & a 1/2 thank you so much!

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Thanks! You're most welcome! Happy to help. Add me on your friends list Very Happy

dustyroadsagain wrote:Wow! Your a worth a million & a 1/2 thank you so much!

attyLLL

jhoyce, answered your other post. i do not believe he should undergo annulment when divorce was already granted.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum