Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick Leave Issues

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sick Leave Issues Empty Sick Leave Issues Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:15 am

mishael032409

Arresto Mayor

Hi Everyone,

Just a question regarding Sick Leave, Is it unlawful for a company not to pay SICK LEAVES that involve someone's relative? Like technically, Sick Leave is for a sick employee but some staff are applying this to attend to their sick relatives.

Also, we have a company policy wherein unplotted leaves will not be paid without valid documentation and reason. This is considered un authorized leave.
Is this also fine or not?

Regards,
Me

2Sick Leave Issues Empty Re: Sick Leave Issues Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:29 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

mishael032409 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Just a question regarding Sick Leave, Is it unlawful for a company not to pay SICK LEAVES that involve someone's relative? Like technically, Sick Leave is for a sick employee but some staff are applying this to attend to their sick relatives.

Also, we have a company policy wherein unplotted leaves will not be paid without valid documentation and reason. This is considered un authorized leave.
Is this also fine or not?

Regards,
Me

As to your first concern - if the employee files for sick leave even if he is not sick, then the company is not obliged to pay for the day not worked. The leave is for the employee's sickness, not for anyone else's.

For the second concern - there should always be a valid reason for being absent. You just have to properly explain and/or provide documentation, since without any notice or explanation or advise it is correct that the absence is unauthorized.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Sick Leave Issues Empty Re: Sick Leave Issues Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:34 pm

mishael032409

Arresto Mayor

Thank you for the reply sir.

So on the second scenario, so the company has the right NOT to pay the absence if NOT authorized then?

4Sick Leave Issues Empty Re: Sick Leave Issues Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:16 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

mishael032409 wrote:Thank you for the reply sir.

So on the second scenario, so the company has the right NOT to pay the absence if NOT authorized then?

Yes. Marked as leave without pay.

5Sick Leave Issues Empty Re: Sick Leave Issues Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:47 am

aljisidro

Arresto Menor

Hello po!

May i ask how many leaves should a regular employee have in a year?
Thanks!

6Sick Leave Issues Empty Re: Sick Leave Issues Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:32 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

aljisidro wrote:Hello po!

May i ask how many leaves should a regular employee have in a year?
Thanks!

Minimum of 5 days (Service Incentive Leave)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum