Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vacation Leave and Sick Leave

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vacation Leave and Sick Leave Empty Vacation Leave and Sick Leave Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:04 pm

ecutler

Arresto Menor

Hi, I would just like to ask if it is legal for a company to ask you to use most of your leave balance so that they would only have to pay an equivalent of 10 working days at the end of the year. Lets say I have a total of 30days VL and SL, I have to use 20, if I only use 15days the 5days would not be paid as they would only pay 10 days.

2Vacation Leave and Sick Leave Empty Re: Vacation Leave and Sick Leave Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

the labor code only specifies 5 service incentive leave per year. If a company is giving more, it's company's discretion. They can also issue rulings on how to use the leave credits and how many you can convert. Some companies doesn't even allow conversion. You're lucky, some only get 5 leaves per year.

3Vacation Leave and Sick Leave Empty Re: Vacation Leave and Sick Leave Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:15 pm

ecutler

Arresto Menor

thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum