Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do I need to update/change my birth certificate details?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ctignacio

Arresto Menor

Good evening!

My mother recently discovered that her original birth certificate lists her first name as "Tessie" instead of "Teresita", which is what she's using ever since. She has gone through the process of changing her name on almost all her documents (SSS, Marriage Contract, etc) back to "Tessie".

Now my question is, do we (her children) need to have changes on our own birth certificates so as to conform with her real registered name of "Tessie"?

If yes, how urgent or how important is it? What are the possible implications if we just let our birth certificates say that our mother's name is "Teresita"?

We've been hearing a lot of different 'legal' opinions from different people and I would like some professional advise about this matter. Thank you in advance! Surprised

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum