Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RETIREMENT PLAN AFTER MERGER

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RETIREMENT PLAN AFTER MERGER Empty RETIREMENT PLAN AFTER MERGER Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 am

obi0315

Arresto Menor

Hi.

We currently belong to a company that have an existing retirement program (which is higher that what is required by RA 7641) for its employees as a part of its employee benefit programs.

Due to some strategic re-alignment, our department is being absorbed/transferred to another company with the condition that our years of service will be carried over to the new company and there will be no change in our compensation, benefits and allowances.

Unfortunately, we were informed that the new company does not have any retirement programs in place aside from what is mandated by law.

Our question is, what are our legal rights in terms of this retirement program. Does the merger/transfer removes our right from our previous company's retirement program?

2RETIREMENT PLAN AFTER MERGER Empty Re: RETIREMENT PLAN AFTER MERGER Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:54 am

attyLLL

i'm not sure of my answer.

the rule here is non-diminution of benefits meaning any benefit or compensation being received by the employee previously may not be taken away.

in this case, there is an expected benefit, but i believe it is conditional on several factors including length of service. so in my opinion, you weren't really enjoying the benefit yet and therefore, the rule won't apply.

if you want to challenge it, write a letter to the management and you can elevate to a complaint at DOLE.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum