Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

effects of merger or consolidation on employees rights and benefits

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wengweng

Arresto Menor

supposed 2 companies merged. the surviving company used to pay lesser amount and package of employees benefits. Upon merger, will the surviving company automatically upgrade or increase its employees remuneration to have a uniformed treatment to all of its old(retained) and new(absorbed) employees? if not, many employees of the surviving company will be demoralized for such unequal treatment and for sure the employees from the absorbed company will not agree to diminution of their benefits and others. what section in our Law that states the protection of employees rights (esp. of monetary value) upon merger or consolidation? I'm sure many employees and also employers would like to know the impediments of merger or consolidation with regards to labor relation matter. Thank You! GOD Bless!

attyLLL

that's a management prerogative, not a legal right.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3effects of merger or consolidation on employees rights and benefits Empty effects of merger on employee benefits Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:43 pm

wengweng

Arresto Menor

thus you mean to say, because it is a management prerogative in giving out other employees benefits,under the merged company,it is possible that an officer employee from the surviving company who is receiving for instance a P300 daily meal allowance as has been the practice, could be receiving lesser amount compare to a rank and file employee of the absorbed company who is receiving for example a P400 daily meal allowance as practiced by the absorbed company?

attyLLL

if you want to push it to that extreme, then my answer is yes, that situation can occur. companies cannot diminish benefits and wages, but are not required to increase them, save for cases of salary differential brought about by an increase in the minimum wage.

of course, it will not be conducive for the office morale, but that is not just a legal issue.

wengweng

Arresto Menor

okay, got it now. but, is it binding and legal contract between employer and employee to agree to reduce or abolish the amount and type of employee benefits? because of fear of losing job, the employee even how hesitant he is, may as well blindly concede in this kind of agreement. Thank you and more power!

attyLLL

i would argue that it is not legal, but it will be presumed to be legal until overturned by a court.

the normal method is to give redundancy packages.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum