Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valid Reasons for Resigning and Breaking Employment Contract?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Caring

Arresto Menor

1) Is it legal to pay a worker a fixed monthly salary that works out to be less than minimum wage?

I am helping an employee who signed such a contract. She lives where her daily wage should be P329. She works 10 hours a day five days a week for less than P5000/month plus additional time requirements. Based on the minimum wage laws she should be earning at least P6580 just for her regular work days.

This is not an apprenticeship job or for a disabled employee. It is a regular teaching job for a private school.

2) In the contract she will also need to pay a significant fine to the employer if she resigns or quits before the end of her two year contract. Will giving a specific period of notice or any other action or circumstance negated that requirement?

3) Her boss is requiring things like teachers working on typhoon days and having to arrive at the school at 4am to prepare for special events. Neither requirement is specified in the contract, nor do they seem reasonable to the employees. Would these types of unreasonable demands give her reasonable cause for resigning with less notice.

4) Would unreasonable job demands or harassment be a valid reason to resign and not need to pay the penalty in the contract?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum