Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Consequences of Resigning without Notification

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lynnfelipe

Arresto Menor

Good day admin!

I want to file my resignation letter to which I want to take effect immediately. I have made some research and I found out that I need to at least give my employer a thirty day notification which I am not sure if I can.

You see, I have been working in my present employment for going a year now and until now I am not sure of my status as an employee -whether I am regular or not. I know that, legally speaking, I am a regular now but I am not enjoying benefits that are normally given to us like sick leave and vacation leave.

My salary is also an issue to me because I am given a below the minimum rate. Originally, when I got hired, my manager told me that I would have an increase after six months which didn't happen. I also don't feel any growth as a professional. Although I am doing my task -which are very minimal- efficiently, I don't feel like my manager is satisfied. By the way, I was already told by a co-employee that he doesn't like me and he already told our employer to get me fired and that happened on my first month.

To say the least, I am very dissatisfied with job. And my question is up to what degree could I be held liable if I resign immediately? What could be the heaviest consequence for this? And what would be the best way to defend myself?

Thank you very much in taking time for my questions.

Good day again! Smile

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Check if you have any reasons for resignation which may fall under the following, which would allow you to resign immediately:

An employee may put an end to the relationship without serving any notice on the employer for any of the following just causes:

1. Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;
2. Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;

3. Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and

4. Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum