Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

resignation from a non-profit organization

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AnaMichelle2618

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I've been working with a non-profit organization for over 11 months now; works as a project officer of the different livelihood projects of the organization. Last July 11, 2014, I rendered my resignation effective August 15, 2014 which was approved by my immediate supervisor. Unfortunately, a day before the effectivity of my resignation, one of the livelihood projects that I was handling(this project was already given to a particular LGU) faced a major problem - the manager(LGU employee) of the said livelihood project used a huge amount of money without consent. I immediately reported this to my immediate supervisor, however, my immediate supervisor told me that if this particular manager of the livelihood project failed to pay the amount, I will be held liable. My employment was extended for another 2 weeks for me to be able to have the manager sign a letter of understanding and an acknowledgement of his actions. I immediately scheduled a meeting with the said manager and he signed the letter of understanding, accepted and acknowledged his actions and promised to pay the amount through installment.

My last day of work will be on August 29, 2014. My immediate supervisor told me just today that if the manager of the said livelihood project failed to pay his first pay/installment, they shall hold my salary covering the period of August 16-31, will hold my last pay (which includes my pro-rated 13th month pay), and my COE.

My immediate supervisor's reason why they will hold me liable because they said that I did not monitor the livelihood project well. Is that a valid reason? And by the way, the livelihood project was already given to the LGU, and our organization's role is to provide technical assistance / monitoring.

I don't want to pay any amount or money which I have not used, and I need my last pay because I worked hard for it. Please, I need help on what to do...

Thank you and hoping for a response. God speed!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum