Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insubordination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Insubordination Empty Insubordination Wed May 21, 2014 2:35 pm

HRAG

Arresto Menor

Greetings.

It surely would be a great help if I could be given an explanation about insubordination.

I am currently a faculty of a College and designated as a program chair(not really ranked as - meaning this designation is not part of my salary but I have a 6-unit deloading from the 21 units required of a faculty not designated with such). The dean in the department where I belonged recently resigned from this designation (not really from his work) and I was asked verbally by the heads of our College if I could be the dean. I declined for health reasons. I am asthmatic and so are my two sons who are still in their elementary level. I declined also because stress is one of my strong asthma triggers. I was even thinking that I will ask that I will not renewed in the designation as program chair because I had severe asthma attacks even if I religiously follow the doctor's prescription for maintenance medicine. And I really don't know how severe the next asthma attack will be if I'll accept the deanship.

I even wrote a letter to our College president stating the reasons why I have to decline the acceptance of the dean designation but to no avail because he spoke to me that he will use his exigency of service and still would write my name on the memo for the designation. I had been recently hospitalized because I cannot rest well because of the pressure from the last talk that we had. I am not yet really ready to retire or resign from my teaching job. I love to teach. Had I known it early April then maybe I could have applied to other schools so that I can have source of income. It's risky but I know that I can live peacefully and may not be able to experience too much work pressure that my body and mind can handle.

Right now, I have not signed any memo yet. Can you give me advises on what should I do because for now I am really at a lost because at this point I cannot just give up my job because I still have a family to support financially. And I am that prepared yet to just give up my job and lost the last 17 years working responsibly to the tasks and just on a single decline for a designation I could be charged of insubordination.

Will it be OK if I'll ask the president to let me work for a year or even a semester without the designation as dean or a program chair and after that I'll be given a chance to have a graceful exit so that I can still find a job after retiring from this College?

I have not been charged for any disciplinary and non-disciplinary charges since I started working last 1997. If ever, this will be the first one.

Please I need your legal opinions on this matter. Thank you very much and Godspeed.

2Insubordination Empty Re: Insubordination Wed May 21, 2014 2:46 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

HRAG wrote:Greetings.

It surely would be a great help if I could be given an explanation about insubordination.

I am currently a faculty of a College and designated as a program chair(not really ranked as - meaning this designation is not part of my salary but I have a 6-unit deloading from the 21 units required of a faculty not designated with such). The dean in the department where I belonged recently resigned from this designation (not really from his work) and I was asked verbally by the heads of our College if  I could be the dean. I declined for health reasons. I am asthmatic and so are my two sons who are still in their elementary level. I declined also because stress is one of my strong asthma triggers. I was even thinking that I will ask that I will not renewed in the designation as program chair because I had severe asthma attacks even if I religiously follow the doctor's prescription for maintenance medicine. And I really don't know how severe the next asthma attack will be if I'll accept the deanship.

I even wrote a letter to our College president stating the reasons why I have to decline the acceptance of the dean designation but to no avail because he spoke to me that he will use his exigency of service and still would write my name on the memo for the designation. I had been recently hospitalized because I cannot rest well because of the pressure from the last talk that we had. I am not yet really ready to retire or resign from my teaching job. I love to teach. Had I known it early April then maybe I could have applied to other schools so that I can have source of income. It's risky but I know that I can live peacefully and may not be able to experience too much work pressure that my body and mind can handle.

Right now, I have not signed any memo yet. Can you give me advises on what should I do because for now I am really at a lost because at this point I cannot just give up my job because I still have a family to support financially. And I am that prepared yet  to just give up my job and lost the last 17 years working responsibly to the tasks and just on a single decline for a designation I could be charged of insubordination.

Will it be OK if I'll ask the president to let me work for a year or even a semester without the designation as dean or a program chair and after that I'll be given a chance to have a graceful exit so that I can still find a job after retiring from this College?

I have not been charged for any disciplinary and non-disciplinary charges since I started working last 1997. If ever, this will be the first one.

Please I need your legal opinions on this matter. Thank you very much and Godspeed.

What's the text of this memo?

Is this in effect a promotion?

I can provide more information once you provide further details.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Insubordination Empty Re: Insubordination Wed May 21, 2014 3:16 pm

HRAG

Arresto Menor

The memo that will be issued is actually a list of those who will be designated for the coming school year. This list is to be approved by the College's Board of Trustees. This is not a promotion. it does form part of our basic salary. It is just a designation with privileges, for example some of the regular faculty loading will be subtracted from the regular load that a faculty should handle. Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum