Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

When to Expect Back Pay; No Due Process for Clearance

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CarpeDiem

Arresto Menor

I resigned after roughly 5 months with the company. The job is too strenuous and the volume of work is very far-fetched. We usually cant have our 1hr lunch break due to the deadline pressure-driven tasks; 30mins lunch break is what we can manage to have at most. Then, almost everyday, we are forced to do overtime. Hence, the vast turnover.

My last day at work was on 27 Dec 2013. The HR manager told me to surrender my ID, Access Card and Health Card, and by the end of January 2014, I would get my back pay. There was no clearance asked. No forms to be signed for exit or whatsoever. Last January 30, 2014, I emailed the HR manager to follow up my back pay. And so, this time she said, mid February I should be expecting my back pay which will be deposited directly into my account and CoE be will sent through email post that. Since the payroll department is based in India, we usually get our salary 2 days before the 15th and 30th. According to a former colleague who worked in a bank, my receiving of back pay should be synchronized with them receiving their salary.

I already emailed the HR manager twice since Feb 15 but no response was given.

Please enlighten me about the due process should have been taken. Do I have a valid claim to question them?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

CarpeDiem wrote:I resigned after roughly 5 months with the company. The job is too strenuous and the volume of work is very far-fetched. We usually cant have our 1hr lunch break due to the deadline pressure-driven tasks; 30mins lunch break is what we can manage to have at most. Then, almost everyday, we are forced to do overtime. Hence, the vast turnover.

My last day at work was on 27 Dec 2013. The HR manager told me to surrender my ID, Access Card and Health Card, and by the end of January 2014, I would get my back pay. There was no clearance asked. No forms to be signed for exit or whatsoever. Last January 30, 2014, I emailed the HR manager to follow up my back pay. And so, this time she said, mid February I should be expecting my back pay which will be deposited directly into my account and CoE be will sent through email post that. Since the payroll department is based in India, we usually get our salary 2 days before the 15th and 30th. According to a former colleague who worked in a bank, my receiving of back pay should be synchronized with them receiving their salary.

I already emailed the HR manager twice since Feb 15 but no response was given.

Please enlighten me about the due process should have been taken. Do I have a valid claim to question them?

Final pay should be given within a reasonable time. Ask your HR for the reason of the delay. If you find that their reason may be invalid or that they are unnecessarily withholding your money and documents, you may file for money claims with DOLE.

Question - do you have a copy of your resignation letter received by an authorized representative?

http://www.councilviews.com

CarpeDiem

Arresto Menor

Thank you for responding.

Still no response from HR regarding my concern.

I dont have a copy of my resignation letter received by an authorized personnel. I am not even aware that that's necessary until now.

I will get back on you once I hear from them hoping that you could be of help once again if ever I still have questions.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

CarpeDiem wrote:

Thank you for responding.

Still no response from HR regarding my concern.

I dont have a copy of my resignation letter received by an authorized personnel. I am not even aware that that's necessary until now.

I will get back on you once I hear from them hoping that you could be of help once again if ever I still have questions.

Protect your back at all times.

If no proof of resignation, you might be charged with AWOL.

CarpeDiem

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Last Feb 20, the HR replied that I will be getting my back pay this Feb 27. But when I checked, zilch has been deposited to my account. It has been 60 days since I resigned. And my nack pay pay has been delayed 3 times already. What should I do? I already need my back pay.

Help anyone?

Thank you.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

file for money claim at DOLE.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

CarpeDiem wrote:Hi,

Last Feb 20, the HR replied that I will be getting my back pay this Feb 27. But when I checked, zilch has been deposited to my account. It has been 60 days since I resigned. And my nack pay pay has been delayed 3 times already. What should I do? I already need my back pay.

Help anyone?

Thank you.

Direct to bank ba daw ang bigayan nyan?

Usually check yan para papirmahin ka ng quitclaim and other documents.

CarpeDiem

Arresto Menor

How to file money claim sa DOLE? I can't find steps how on the internet. When I checked the DOLE page, I can't see any that would help me.

Yes, directly sa savings account ko idedeposit. Sa India kasi based ung payroll nila.

I e-mailed the HR again last night asking why my back pay hasnt been deposited yet but no reply as the moment. I always check my account every now and then kung meron na, pero wala pa rin..

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

just go to DOLE nearest your office and tell them you will file for SENA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum