Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going to PNP to file online libel complaint. What should I expect?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nosen

Arresto Menor

I'm filing a complaint for online libel but the perpetrator has left the country. If they issue a free standing warrant of arrest, what can I expect?

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Only a court can issue a warrant of arrest.
In the event that the prosecutor finds probable cause and files the necessary information in court. The court can issue a warrant. You can then ask for the issuance of a Hold Departure Order and/or pray that the person's passport be cancelled so that person will have no choice but to be deported back home to face the charges.

nosen

Arresto Menor

Hi Jadis,

Thanks for your response. Does that mean that I should go to DOJ instead of PNP? And would you know how the PNP handles online libel cases?

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You should actually go to a private lawyer to help draft your affidavit so you could file it with the Prosecutor's Office. It appears you already know the identity of the person who defamed you.

Only a court of law has the authority to issue a warrant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum