Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Negligence vs. Insubordination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Negligence  vs. Insubordination Empty Negligence vs. Insubordination Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:16 am

marcelinovalencia

Arresto Menor

Is the two statement below similar in nature?

"Negligence or failure to abide by lawful, reasonable, and specific instructions, orders,
directives, or established procedures, or failure to exercise reasonable care in complying
therewith, regardless of whether such negligence or failure results in actual loss or
damage to any Company property"

"Committing other acts of insubordination, neglect of duty, or other similar or analogous
acts not embraced by any of the foregoing provisions"

In my understanding insubordination is refusal to follow a direct order, where in under negligence one may not be able to fullfill the task due to forgetting the task or other circumstances.

Lastly can someone be accused and charged for both accounts regardless?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by marcelinovalencia on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional question)

2Negligence  vs. Insubordination Empty Re: Negligence vs. Insubordination Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

they are different.. and yes if both are present.. you can be charged for it.

3Negligence  vs. Insubordination Empty Re: Negligence vs. Insubordination Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:21 pm

marcelinovalencia

Arresto Menor

Thanks lets say i missed a meeting, because I forgot about it I know it is negligence but I did not intentionaly refuse or disobey an order to make sure to attend that meeting is it still insubordination? Lets say for example there was no clear instruction that day that I should attend... and that the message was only sent via SMS and email rather than a direct call to me so I can be told verbaly the instruction?

4Negligence  vs. Insubordination Empty Re: Negligence vs. Insubordination Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if they asked you to attend and you did not show up it will look like insubordination.. but you can always explain your side..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum