Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disconnection of Water without a "Disconnection Notice"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jeje.hammond

Arresto Menor

Is it legal for the water provider to cut our house's water supply without a Disconnection Notice? Details are as follows:

> On or before Jan 10 - we received a Billing Notice, minimum amount less available balance since previous payment was more than required. Indicated in the Billing Notice are the due date (Jan 17) and disconnection date (Jan 22).
> No other notice was received from BCWD (Batangas City Water District) since then.
> Water supply was cut on Jan 23. No one was in our house since all went to work.
> On Jan 24, ~3PM, my housemate went to BCWD to pay for the dues plus reconnection fee. She filed a half-day vacation leave just to have our water supply back online. She was asked to pay 500 since more than 24 hours has passed since the water was disconnected (9am as per BCWD). We don't know if it's true since we were not informed before the disconnection, not even our neighbors.
> The BCWD employee informed her that they issued a memo in 2012 stating that they will no longer issue a Disconnection Notice. However, we did not receive such memo. We have a sample Disconnection Notice issued in June 2012.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

jeje.hammond wrote:Is it legal for the water provider to cut our house's water supply without a Disconnection Notice? Details are as follows:

> On or before Jan 10 - we received a Billing Notice, minimum amount less available balance since previous payment was more than required. Indicated in the Billing Notice are the due date (Jan 17) and disconnection date (Jan 22).
> No other notice was received from BCWD (Batangas City Water District) since then.
> Water supply was cut on Jan 23. No one was in our house since all went to work.
> On Jan 24, ~3PM, my housemate went to BCWD to pay for the dues plus reconnection fee. She filed a half-day vacation leave just to have our water supply back online. She was asked to pay 500 since more than 24 hours has passed since the water was disconnected (9am as per BCWD). We don't know if it's true since we were not informed before the disconnection, not even our neighbors.
> The BCWD employee informed her that they issued a memo in 2012 stating that they will no longer issue a Disconnection Notice. However, we did not receive such memo. We have a sample Disconnection Notice issued in June 2012.

Legal. Because the disconnection notice and the disconnection date was reflected on your billing notice.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum