Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Right of Disconnection, Unpaid Electric Bill

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

d3messiah

Arresto Menor

Hi I am new here, nice to become a member of this forum. I don't know if this is the right section to post this topic.
Anyway this is the situation I wanted to get some advice. I am staying in a duplex house. Before I use to occupy the other half of the house I transfered to the other half leaving an ununpaid electrical bill in the other half which was connected in my name. after few months, The electric company disconnected the electricity on the other house which is now unoccupied. Few months later someone rented it and electricity was reconnected using the tennant's name C/O with my mother's name cause my name cannot be use as I have unpaid bill, so they get a new meter also. The house I am staying right now is also name in my mother. After more than three years they tried to disconect the electricity where I am staying, reason was because of my unpaid bill. They did not even give notice of disconnection. My question now is: Do they have the right to disconnect the electricity where I am staying even though it is not in my name? The electric company said it is their new policy and they will disconnect the electricity in that house if a person is living in it with an unpaid bill. Any advice for this would greatly be appreciated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum