Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Claiming Back Pay Issue

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Claiming Back Pay Issue Empty Claiming Back Pay Issue Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:09 pm

juviejuvz

Arresto Menor

Hi! I was new here and I want to seek an advice regarding our problem on claiming my sister’s back pay. My sister is now working abroad and before she left she authorize our mother to claim the back pay on her behalf. When my mother went to the bank the teller told her that my sister needs to have a power of attorney and it should be stamped by the embassy. My mother told them if visa/passport will do but they refused it. Another thing is once we provide them the POA we suggest to seed the amount on my account by they refused it again and it should be seeded on my sister. We need to process on or before June if we failed to do, check will be forwarded to the company and we will have a hard time to claim it once happened. I told my sister about this matter and apparently she can’t provide a POA because embassy was too far away from her work location and it was expensive for her to pay the attorney. She told us that amount from her back pay is not enough on what she will be spending for POA and going to embassy. Please advise if there’s any other way for us to claim the check. Thanks in advance

2Claiming Back Pay Issue Empty Re: Claiming Back Pay Issue Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:32 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Try negotiating with the company but banks generally do not accept Authorization Letter. Most of the time, it requires PAO

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum