Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 am

erold

Arresto Menor

I am in a BPO Industry, and working in the company for more than 2 months now. Recently, rumors came out that the our campaign/account will be dissolve because of low performance even when I entered in the company. But I noticed that hiring and training for new agents still on going. Last two weeks, there were new batch of new agents, 1 re-hired and others are new. They started training on Mondays and lasted for 2 weeks. All of a sudden, last week on Thursday after our shift, the Operations Manager call us and announced that the Campaign is trimming down employees and it will takes place immediately. As in, we dont have to go to work on Friday shift anymore because we will be transferred to another campaign and it will be on Monday. It concerns me that NO WRITTEN NOTICE, NO MEMO PRIOR TO THAT DAY, is this LEGAL?
Last Monday, we have a discussion with the HR, I asked them, what is the status of our contract, was it terminated or not, he said, NOT YET. But we will be signing another contract for the training for 5 days. Training fee is not equal to the Salary we are getting. If I didnt sign the Training contract, that will be the time that the old contract will be terminated.
Are we entitled for a pay on our FLOATING DAYS?
How about for the separation pay?

Thank you.

Rodel

2FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

by law you can be put on floating status for a maximum of 6 months.. without pay.. pag lumagpas nang 6 months.. the company must absorb you back or retrenched you.. the company has to send a notice to DOLE listing the employees and reason of the floating status.

3FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:51 am

erold

Arresto Menor

how about the gesture of not serving PRIOR NOTICE OR MEMO before the day of retrenchment? and also, one of the new trainee was not included in the TRIMMED employees. HE SIGNED the contract on MONDAY only. If the reason is trimming down, WHYDID THEY ACCEPT NEW AGENT?

4FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

you can actually contest it sa NLRC.. is the new agent for the same account?

5FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 pm

erold

Arresto Menor

YES SAME ACCT, the one that we were relieve.

6FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 pm

erold

Arresto Menor

can I file a complaint also for not giving benefits such as SSS, PAG-IBIG, PHILHEALTH even if they are NOT DEDUCTING from us?

7FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

bakit daw walang sss, pagibig, philhealth?

8FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 pm

erold

Arresto Menor

How about the event that THERE WAS NO PRIOR NOTICE or PROPER LETTER OF RELIEVING us from the campaign, can I also contest that?

9FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

may memo yan hindi lang siguro pinakita sa inyo.. kailangan may notice to float.. otherwise you can report it sa DOLE.

10FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:02 pm

erold

Arresto Menor

Wala po kasi nung tinanong kung terminated na old contract, ang Sabiy NOT YET. But they didn't allow us to work on friday anymore.
They gave us a training contract to sign, in the event that we will not passed the training, that will be the time that the contract  terminated.

Last edited by erold on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)

11FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:11 am

erold

Arresto Menor

Trimmed down employees last Thursday Nov 21.
Hired new employee on Monday Nov 25

No floating memo
No see, pagibig, philhealth
Mandatory rest day shift, no premium pay

12FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

rampant talaga sa ganyan ang mga BPO particularly mga call centers.. pwede ka magreklamo sa dole.

13FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Empty Re: FLOATING STATUS, NO MEMO Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:09 am

erold

Arresto Menor

Thannks po sa advise. It really helps to know our rights. Now I know what to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum